+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 11 players with contracts up

11 players with contracts up

According to the Telegraph the following 11 players are all out of contract within a year. No doubt,Paul Lambert is still assessing many of them on which(if any)to offer new contracts to. Which would you keep? The 11 players are:- Simon Eastwood(goalie), defenders :- Darren Lenihan,Tommy Spurr,Marcus Olsson,Matt Kilgallon,
    midfielders:- Lee Williamson,Chris Taylor,Craig Conway,Sacha Petshi, and forwards>-Chris Brown,& Nathan Delfouneso.
    I reckon Marcus Olsson & Craig Conway are certainly good enough,uncertain of the others,given possible FFP restrictions and new introductions Paul Lambert may want. Simon Eastwood is o.k.,but it might be a luxury to have 3 reasonable goalies??

re: 11 players with contracts up

I think lenihan,Olsson,Conway and Taylor would be the only ones to get a new contract but it all depends on Paul Lambert
    he has said we need to improve in areas and with squad restrictions he will already know who he wants and who will go.

Going back to Bob's thread, but with FFP lifted, I still find it hard to predict what next year will bring. Our reserve and academy teams are doing really well, but PL has stuck firmly to the team Bowyer was putting out, while at the same time saying we need strengthening - AND praising Chris Brown!
    It makes me wonder if it is some of the stop-gap players who would go - Delfouneso and Koita, for example. Obviously, time is probably up for Lee Williamson, especially when Jason Lowe is fit, but you can make a case for the retention of most of the others Bob mentioned. (It also crosses my mind that Lowe himself might be moved on).
    The right back position is interesting. Adam Henley has had some very good games, but I have noticed that regular match-attenders have repeatedly criticised his positional sense. I wonder if this is one of the spots PL was referring to when he mentioned "obvious weaknesses", although Nyambe clearly has excellent potential.
    Saxo raised the issue of an attacki

I feel the attacking midfielder role will be targeted in January
    would be intriguing what finances Lambert has at his disposal in the transfer window
    as for Lawrence and Henry maybe just extend their loans until the end of the season.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)