+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lumsden, just go!!!

Lumsden, just go!!!

Surely nobody can be in any doubt that Lumsden must be shown the door.
    4-2 down, at home and he still plays one up front! I thought that he was going to go for it when Grehan was warming up but no. He simply replaced Rutherford.
    No tactics, other than lump it in the air. No bloody idea!
    If the board think he is doing a good job then they should follow him out the door.

re: Lumsden, just go!!!

The game was lost in the first half. I'm starting to agree with the Lumsden must go crowd.Why it took him until half time to see that Wilson is a liability at right back is beyond belief, it was obvious from the start of the season. Moving Watson to right back and pushing Wilson froward for the second half improved things, but too late. If Lee Clarke and Kieran Stewart are unavailable, why not play McWalter in midfield and Watson at right back instead of persisting with Wilson?
    The ball spent most of the game high in the air and on the few occasions we played it on the ground Bobby Linn scored twice, the only bright points in the game. Probably a record number of times the ball was lumped out of the ground by the Cowdenbeath defence.
    Came away at the end thoroughly disgusted with the result, the tactics if in fact there were any, and wondering if we will climb up the league, as some seem to believe we will. If the players we have are as good, or some would have us believe better, tha

I know it was a cup match, but if we carry on in the league as we did tonight we could well end up in the relegation play offs. My point is, apart from the fact that we were crap, that changes should have been made much earlier in the game when it was so obvious that we were struggling.

We should try again for Barry Robson. He would boost the performance of the team on and off the pitch, be a good leader and provide his experience to help players. He will have good contacts to bring in better players too. Time to act if we get beat this weekend!!!

He who hesitates!!! after the first 20 minutes the team should have been changed, it just wasn't working,Clark and Reid should have been played earlier, the midfield lack play makers.Its been left too late to sack Lumsden and Hislop so down we stay at best

My views on Lumsden are well known on this site, all I will say is a decision has to be made soon to allow a new manager the opportunity to bring in players during the forthcoming transfer window.

Some postings on P&B stating Lumsden should be given until mid-January before a decision is made as to whether he should be manager or not.This is too late as by the time a new manager is appointed the transfer window will be closed.
    If a vote was taken now by shareholders do you think he would survive,also on a scale of 1-10 where 1 is poor and 10 is extremely good where do you think the supporters would rate him?

Housecaptain, if it was a point for every league place then 2 would be the correct mark. We are four games away from the half way mark in the league season and we haven't been out of the bottom three ALL season! Not a great CV,
    I certainly don't envy the committees position, on one hand it's a step into the unknown, possibly out of the frying pan into the fire, on the other, things can't get any worse can they? Fans are now starting to vote with their feet and we 100% cannot afford to finish bottom of the league, the consequences are unthinkable for our great club.

The tactics/formation/sub decision making last night in a game that could earn the club up to £200k were bad and far too slow in coming.
    Fact TL was Moore's assistant so has to take some blame in that incredible collapse, and his record in the year 2015 is nothing short of shocking and that is a fact.
    No doubt he is a great lad and what have I heard is a great coach but for being a Manager????

I will state again this season we cannot afford to get into the position S-cumtrose got into last season and I will state again get in a LOCAL (just read the FACTS that any success we have had we have had a local Manager within an hour drive from Gayfield) Manager.

My choice would be Gibby/Ray Farningham who have done well at Broughty plus they have a good mixture of new/experienced management team, the other person I would like is Carnoustie based Gary Bollan who was in the stand last night, heard he is unhappy at Airdrie where he has done well there and at Livi..

Quote Originally Posted by housecaptain
    Some postings on P&B stating Lumsden should be given until mid-January before a decision is made as to whether he should be manager or not.This is too late as by the time a new manager is appointed the transfer window will be closed.
    If a vote was taken now by shareholders do you think he would survive,also on a scale of 1-10 where 1 is poor and 10 is extremely good where do you think the supporters would rate him?
    1 at best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)