+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What a difference a year makes ??

What a difference a year makes ??

Well where does one start, probably last year where we had our goalkeeper scoring against our rivals, a front two that were scoring for fun, a creative midfield a solid back four and a great finish to the year as I sunned myself in Tenerife hardly believing my eyes when score came in on the 27th Dec 5-1away to East Fife romping our way to the title.. Now a year on we have a Decent keeper, defence has Watson, Little and Johnstone, Midfield of Bobby oh I hope he doesn't, go and Darren Ramsey who flatters to receive at times and nothing of any potency upfront so in short we have capitulated big time since last year. Now TL was there all this time and has failed to work any kind of formula into this team at times there seems to be no ideas or imagination and the defending woeful. But for Allan Fleming, Sir Bobby, Stoney and Ricky we would be even worse off if this is not worse enough. There have been positives this season East Fife second half we absolutely destroyed them, Montrose at home

re: What a difference a year makes ??

See *bleep* Campbell was sacked today as Forfar have been poor recently but he has still got a better record than Lumsden. Forfar could have been in the championship this season. Lumsden must go after Tuesdays game. Anything less than a win is very unacceptable!!!

In "Peppos" tonight. Looking at the AFC 2015 calendar was a painful reminder of what could have been. The early season photo with Moore, Lumsden, coaches and players. Many good times in mid 2014, but seasons run from one year into another. Certainly 2015 will not be a fondly remembered year...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I think there is an argument that the Murray/McManus partnership covered a lot of deficiencies in our team last season. Deficiencies which became apparent when the former went off the boil after signing for Dundee Utd.

Our defensive record is poorer than it was at the same point last year but not drastically so. However, we've only scored half as many goals.

Lumsden had a difficult task in either replacing the front pair or adapting his tactics to compensate. It didn't take long to realise that he was struggling to do the former and now he's had enough time to try the latter and it's not working either.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)