+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: Other Matches Thread Continued

re: Other Matches Thread Continued

Read that no non-Spanish side has eliminated a La Liga team in either Europa or Champions League. Valencia were knocked out by Athletic Bilbao, Athletic Bilbao by Sevilla. Barcelona were defeated by Atletico Madrid and one of the Madrid teams will defeat each other in the Champions League Final.

Liverpool have a chance to defeat Villareal, but they must win by two goals as they have not scored an away goal. If they win 1-0, extra time will result. Shakhtar Donetsk are even with Sevilla after the first leg, but gave up two away goals.

Could have all Spanish finals in both title games. You have to go back to the UCL semifinal where Juventus beat Real Madrid to find the last time a non-Spanish team eliminated a La Liga team.

I'm hoping the Liverpool v Villarreal game is an improvement on last night's champions league game. Liverpool know they need two goals without reply to reach the final.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71
    I'm hoping the Liverpool v Villarreal game is an improvement on last night's champions league game. Liverpool know they need two goals without reply to reach the final.

Absolutely mate I have been gutted if I'd shelled out and got a performance like the Manc's got last night!

It doesn't matter how the ball ends up in the back of the net, they all count, own goal and Liverpool all square on aggregate.

Got one thing to say in Liverpool's favour ................. Ohhhhhh dodgy keeper!!
    1-0 Liverpool

Sturridge makes it 2-0, only thing now really is Liverpool shutting out Villarreal.

Lallana with Liverpool's third, good work from Firmino, i can't see any way back now for ten man Villarreal.

Fair play and well done Liverpool for winning tonight and getting to the Europa League final. Finished 3-0 and 3-1 on aggregate.

Breaking news, Karl Henry has scored for QPR, that must be a collectors item.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom
    Breaking news, Karl Henry has scored for QPR, that must be a collectors item.
    QPR twitter described it as a "beautiful goal". I would never have thought that adjective would describe anything about Karl Henry.

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)