+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Film Thread

re: O/T Film Thread

Watched Extraction last night, Bruce Wills, easy watching action movie! Its alright, maybe a 6 or 7

I enjoyed The Big Short the other night.... nae easy to make the subject matter compelling having struggled through the book, but it was well worth a watch. Scary to think nothing was done to put things right and we're heading for financial Armageddon in the next 12-24 months. Steve Carell was great... Brad Pitt was pointless. Ryan Gosling was Ryan Gosling... nothing like the character in the book

Spotlight.
    Excellent. Best of it's kind since All The Presidents Men. If you liked that, you'll like this.

Heading for Dads Army tomorrow but got a gut feeling am not going to enjoy it. Gotta go though, out of curiosity at least.

Watched Ex-Machina last week, very enjoyable Sci-Fi artificial intelligence/psychological thriller - solid 8/10.

Just shat my pants laughing at the Dudesons movie. Daft whoors

"pain is momentary, the video is eternal"

Da's Army.
    In truth probably better than I thought it would be not that that means it was great at all, I just thought it would be really rubbish. Highly watchable cast, doing best they could with a quite tepid script and storyline.

watched bridge of spies the other day
    very solid, typical of a hanks/spielberg collaboration, mark rylance is his usual excellent self but I could not make head nor tail of his accent, I'm sure for the US moviegoer or those in other parts of the world it won't bother them but it spoiled the film for me

12yrs a slave was a cracking movie its great having an Android box there's also a film we Richard Gere playing a down and out in Time Out Of Mind He was begging for money dressed as a down and out and people passing didn't even know who he was as the camera work was at some distance away 8/10 for that one 10/10 for 12 years a slave. Mind boggling film.

Watched Love and Mercy last night starring the best actor out there (apart from Paddy), Paul Dano.

No idea why it wasn't nominated for any Oscar at all. Bloody racists.

Brian Wilson was a true genius hampered by mental health. Looking forward to seeing him during his final European tour in May.

The Revenant.
    Thoroughly enjoyed it despite not being much of a Di Caprio person. The bear scene was very well done. Would have done no harm to cut it by about 15 minutes.

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast