+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Queens make a profit

Queens make a profit

New accounts released yesterday show Queen of the South made a profit of £237,909 in the financial year to May 2015 . Up from £55,053 the previous year

AGM set for February 8th

re: Queens make a profit

Great financial results for Queens and looking a the accounts closer this morning I see the Queens Arena and the Palmerston pitch year made over £99,000 the last financial year . It's most definitely paying dividends now

Billy Hewitson's construction company have done well out of the ground improvements . See below >

Building Craftsmen (Dumfries) Limited
    A company in which William Hewitson is a director and shareholder.
    During the year under review Queen of the South FC paid the sum of £300,000 to Building Craftsmen (Dumfries) Limited in respect of the construction of the new dressing rooms under the Rosefield Salvage Stand. They also paid the sum of £20,000 being outstanding retention on the construction work at the Queen of the South Arena in the previous financial year.
    During the previous financial period Queen of the South paid the sum of £194,550 to Building Craftsmen (Dumfries) Limited in respect of development work at the Queen of the South Arena. The directors note

£300,000 for the new changing rooms that not many people have actually seen !!! You're having a laugh surly???

AGM next Monday night , February 8th
    I'm wondering if anything will change at the top ? The Chairman needs to engage more with the fans IMO . If not maybe it's time he stood aside and let somebody with more man-management skills take over .
    He's been a breath of fresh air since taking over but that's one quality I find he lacks

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919
    AGM next Monday night , February 8th
    I'm wondering if anything will change at the top ? The Chairman needs to engage more with the fans IMO . If not maybe it's time he stood aside and let somebody with more man-management skills take over .
    He's been a breath of fresh air since taking over but that's one quality I find he lacks
    I'm more than happy with Hewitson's leadership but what I have suggested that Mark Blount give a sitrep every month ....

Mr Blounts updates are always excellent . Agree that they should be more often though
    I've never read a rallying call from the chairman or any encouragement to get the youngsters back through the gates That fact has disappointed many fans

There definitely needs to be greater levels of engagement between the board/club and the fans. Anne Budge is doing a great job at Hearts now keeping everyone in the loop with constant updates on the progress that is being made. We don't have to make ground breaking announcements every month but just something to keep us updated in the form of an email pamphlet with the goings on in Dumfries and surrounding region. Local football scores etc. It makes an incredible difference. I know I am giving much more high profile examples but the difference in Rangers now is incredible as fans are kept in the loop about things.

I know I keep calling for it but a play for you club sort of thing to drum up some degree of interest would be a welcome sight.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)