+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: That's more like it

That's more like it

Great performance, for me every player did there bit.

Mattie Targett, WTF, great game, decent crosses and looked a different player.
    Liking the midfield, seemed a lot quicker pushing forward and Longie up front was my MOTM.

Roll on Saturday

The future is bright, red and white.

re: That's more like it

Great result just when you needed it. That should calm down the panic somewhat.
    Mid table finish likely.

It was a relief to get a win which will help Saints push on. Good to hear that the whole team performed well and to their capable limits. Underperformance and lack of effort are inexcusable and unacceptable. Good to hear that concentration levels were maintained throughout the match also.

Not heard much from you recently BlueAdder, Was starting to wonder how/where you were !?. Happy New Year to you .

that is certainly more like it. Saints actually looked as though they wanted it last night. Plenty of fight and commitment. A good all round team performance and I agree MOM Shane Long for me - scored a great goal and never stopped running all night.
    I do sometimes wonder if the journalists watch the same game as me .. I read that one of them gave MOM to Mane. WTF!! whilst I accept these things are a matter of opinion, that bloke drives me nuts, he is either very good or terrible. Last night he was not good IMO

but yes a much better performance. my last trip to St Marys had been for the Spurs match in which I thought we were pretty gutless and the opposition didn't have to do too much to win. I couldn't make the Arsenal match as I was away.

Hopefully another decent show against WBA Saturday.

Good team effort from everyone. I was particularly impressed by Long and Targett.

Good to meet up with Ments, Papa and Wheels too.

Bought tickets for the WBA game but couldn't make it for personal reasons. Looked good on the stream through. Much more like it.