+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derek Lyle.....89 and counting....

Derek Lyle.....89 and counting....

One bonus after last Saturday's Scottish Cup defeat was Derek Lyle's goal which has taken him joint 8th equal in the all-time top scorer's list for Queen of the South, alongside Ian Reid and fellow Hall of Fame inductee Jimmy Robertson on 89 goals.

Let's hope Lyle has his shooting boots on again this weekend as Queens return to Dumbarton on league duty and he gets closer to the likes of Tommy McCall on 93, Stevie Mallan on 94 (father of the current Stevie Mallan at St Mirren), Tommy Bryce on 95 and Jocky Dempster on 98. I wonder if he'll even reach Andy Thomson on 114 or Bobby Black (grandfather of Morton's Denny Johnstone) on 120.

re: Derek Lyle.....89 and counting....

I wouldn't bet against Lyle doing this in fact I expect him to reach 100.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11
    One bonus after last Saturday's Scottish Cup defeat was Derek Lyle's goal which has taken him joint 8th equal in the all-time top scorer's list for Queen of the South, alongside Ian Reid and fellow Hall of Fame inductee Jimmy Robertson on 89 goals.

Let's hope Lyle has his shooting boots on again this weekend as Queens return to Dumbarton on league duty and he gets closer to the likes of Tommy McCall on 93, Stevie Mallan on 94 (father of the current Stevie Mallan at St Mirren), Tommy Bryce on 95 and Jocky Dempster on 98. I wonder if he'll even reach Andy Thomson on 114 or Bobby Black (grandfather of Morton's Denny Johnstone) on 120.
    Great grandfather of Denny Johnstone ......

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad

Great grandfather of Denny Johnstone ......[/quote]

I was thinking that it must be his great grandson when you think about it. Someone informed me it was grandson. Thanks for that.

Would love to see Derek Lyle join the 100 club for Queens

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad

[/quote]

That is some magnification on the list that I keep up-to-date?

I'll be shouting Del on to join the century club as will many other Queens fans I'm sure. Hopefully he'll join that illustrious group.

Del has become a true legend and like a good cheese has simply improved with age. If he can maintain his phenomenon level of fitness I am sure he can get close to the hundred mark. Long may he lace up his boots as boy do we need him.

Love Derek Lyle , a real character on and off the pitch .
    17 games to get 11 goals and his 100 for Queens , that is unless he gets another year deal . Let's hope so

A big ask of the Tan Man as 11 goals in the last 16 games would be an great feat as it has taken him 280 starts / sub on
    to reach 89. Ian Reid also scored 89 in 197 starts / sub on while the third player on 89 Jimmy Robertson took 400 - for a
    winger a fair return.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)