+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    On the subject of Motley Crue, my mate owns a single of theirs called Primal Scream because he thought Prinal Scream released a single called Motley Crue

What a d1ck

I'm reading the Gorse trilogy by Patrick Hamilton, and it's very entertaining stuff - a sociopath and his schemes. In case Vintage is looking in, good choice min!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The Dirt by Motley Crue
    Quote Originally Posted by vasilyrats86 View Post
    Eastern Approaches-Fitzroy Maclean
    Both bought. Should be sitting outside my campervan, reading them in the sun in a couple of weeks time

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Both bought. Should be sitting outside my campervan, reading them in the sun in a couple of weeks time
    You winna regret the Dirt. Its a beezer

Both guid reads and totally different.

Maclean's books are good just finished Back To Bokhara its off its time (1959) and a tad Mr Cholmondley Warner in places. A bit like Newbys a Short Walk in the Hindu Kush which is another braw read its complete Mr Cholmondley Warner meets Charters and Caldicott

Right pac (or anyone else looking in) I'm off on a short holiday next month and looking for a good book or 2 for flight/chilling out. Any recommendations? Got to be honest I'm more of the Darren Mackie book club persuasion than that of your fine selves. Don't really go for makey on sh*te or fiction as I think some folk call it.

Really liked the 'confessions of a highland hero' that was mentioned on here a while back (I think) also really got stuck in to 'soldier, spy' on a flight recently. Last book I tried was T2 but wasn't for me. Loved the film though.

Anyone any ideas?
    I kin this states that your no into fiction BUT I would really recommend a book called Rogue Nation. Written by Alan Clements (married to Kirsty Wark no that that's important). Its set in 2014 and follows the hundred days leading up to Scotland becoming independent. (The premise obviously being that we had voted yes rather than no). No usually my kind of book but I absolutely loved this and cant recommend it highly enough to anyone else.

Also have to agree with pacman on The forgotten highlander by Alistair Urquhart. If this was fiction you'd complain it was too far fetched. That someone lived through what this man went through is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    You winna regret the Dirt. Its a beezer
    I'm halfway through it on your recommendation.

It's certainly an entertaining read

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I'm halfway through it on your recommendation.

It's certainly an entertaining read
    Good work

Thats the first trip home in my offshore life i didnt read a word of any book

In the Airport ready to rumble in the jungle and started this. A dude on trains in Italy. Must be boring. Turns oot its nae

I've been reading Unknown Pleasures & Substance by Peter Hook (finished the former, half way through the latter) about Joy Division & New Order respectively. Great insight into what it was like to actually live it as opposed to reading a critical perspective from afar.

I might read Barney's book next to get his side of the story.

Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast