+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Fit You Reading 3

re: O/T Fit You Reading 3

Thanks . How did I miss that? Ok second book of Rebus series and Marching Powder bought last night.

Away to start this. Could be interesting in regards to the Steeler rivalry

Just bought the entire collection of H.P Lovecrafts work for 99p on Kindle.

Heavy going but still quite charming, as far as novels on madness and psychotic horror go.

Being Nixon - Evan Thomas (he penned an excellent biography of Bobby Kennedy that goes beyond all the schmaltzy hero worship and lefty mythology b0llocks).

Albert Speer: Hitler's Architect by Martin K1tchen

I'm currently reading "The Prize - The Quest for Oil, Money & Power" by Daniel Yergin.
    Have to admit that it is pretty heavy going with a sh!tload of information but you do find out quite a lot about how oil exploration and exporting has been key to numerous conflicts around the world. My only gripe with it is that it tends to jump back and forth within a decade so it can confuse slightly of where you are in the grand scheme of things.
    I'm led to believe it only goes as far as 1991 so that's a bit of a shame as I would love to know how the US/UK have been messing about since then.

'Miss and Misses'

Written by D. Goodwillie'

Quote Originally Posted by Goalposter
    'Miss and Misses'

Written by D. Goodwillie'
    Is this about his personal or professional life? :-p

On a book frenzy. Next up this.

Just finishing off Barnaby Rudge, by ****ens. A hell of a dry read, but getting better towards the end.

I've just about read all ****ens books now and would have to say Barnaby and Tale of Two Cities are the weakest of his writings IMO.

I mind at school a teacher once told me ****ens wasn't meant to be read by boys like me, implying I was too thick, which may well have been the case, but I did like reading and since then I have read, bar Our Mutual Friend and enjoyed them all, so GIRFUY you bitter auld bag.

OneBrianIrvine Guest

Suggestions for historical fiction gents? Probably Scottish or British preferred but anything 'decent'.
    I know that's a wide scope

Responsible for filling my dad's kindle - his one nod to technology. (He doesn't even have a mobile!)
    That's him exhausted Ken Follett - so anybody else of his ilk? Fitiver that is - historical fiction nae my bag.

(Saw your recommendation for Igguldson Ajja & downloaded his War of the Roses series )

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast