+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Your first Blues game?

Your first Blues game?

Just wondering when everyone else got the bug. My first game was Birmingham vs Newcastle in 1956. We won 6-! with Alex Govan scoring a hat trick - and as a dumb little kid I thought it was going to go on like that! Unfortunately not - but after all these years I'm still hooked. Anyone else?

KRO

re: Your first Blues game?

Against Wolves at Stans in 1957. The atmosphere, the banter and the singing of KRO - I had never experienced anything like it. This is a proper football club I thought, and I was hooked for life.
    Rg

My first game aged 6 away at Leicester. We won 3-1 hadden a clue what was going on
    but wanted more 1956

Home v. Portsmouth 1972. It was also Paul Cooper's first game and we were 0-2 down in no time. But Malcolm Page scored from range and the team went mental and we won 6-3. I sat with my Uncle in the main stand as he had had heart problems and couldn't stand any more; but when his mate came with him I stood with my cousin's husband on the Spion Kop about the halfway line and halfway up. I remember the tremendous echo in the old ground and stands literally shaking when we were doing well, which was often, and everyone moving forward to see better when Francis got the ball. It was a bit different from going in the suburbs in New Zealand! We had a great season and I even went to the FA Cup Semi Final in Sheffield - I was disappointed but you had to go "just in case". Gary Sprake made an incredible save from Francis when if he hadn't got it we were back in the game. Malcolm Page was my favourite and I still can do some of the songs and chants. I would rather see Birmingham City tha

February 1968 you beat us 2-1.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)