+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tavern was empty

The Tavern was empty

Some up turned chairs and tables. Faded carpets. Stains that told the story of many celebrations and the pain of loss. A time of meeting and making genuine friends. Sharing real and personal stories. Photographs of Taverners and their families were pinned to the wall without fear of exploitation and discovery. They were fun happy times. When you needed a laugh and some time out, the Tavern was the place to be. I Miss her. I toast all that have passed through her doors.

re: The Tavern was empty

12 hours have gone by. A few faces have peered through dirty windows but no one has come in to share this bottle of Glenlivet 21. I've picked up the chairs and tables and had a bit of a sweep around. Looking a bit better.

I do miss a good debate on here.

The towns raving lunatic dropped in the other day, Started reading from this book called I kissed an Alien and I liked it' No one cared so he left. Muttering about how one day we'd all 'understand'

Worked on the jukebox today. A few broken solders nothing major.

Brilliant Oz!!!

Aliens do excist

Exorcist scary movie that one.

Wow, there's actually real life people in here! Pity I missed the alien. I fell asleep behind the sofa in the corner three months ago - hence me being covered in cobwebs. Oz, you missed that bit when you were sweeping. Looks much better in here btw. Nice work.

Now, did someone mention a drop of Glenlivet 21 might have been opened? Always partial to a nice drop of Scotch on a cold winter's evening. BB might need some too - he must be freezing out there on the door after all this time. He does need to stop chucking people out after one drink though. Not good for business.

If we're going to get Dazzy and Exiled back in here, we might need some Stella ... Hmm I see Blackpool has already started on the Jagermeister, and Yubbs and Bongo are squabbling over the fizzy pop.

Hmm ... we do need to get a few more back drinking in here ... How's the bar looking Oz? Well stocked?

Always with the Jäger Winnie....

Cool! Well, that should keep you here a while, Blackpool

I've opened a couple of cans of Stella and wafted them about, but no Dazzy and Exiled noses on the scent yet ... Hmm ... I see Oz has fixed the juke box, maybe you could pick a couple of tunes that'll get Dazzy dancing back here at least, Blackpool? Hopefully his hearing is more finely tuned than his sense of smell.

I've left a Guinness in the empty comfy chair in arguers corner for Bren ...

Now, who else can we tempt back in ....?

What about the ladies? Rosie and LMV? I'm not sure what your tipples are?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)