+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 71 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T TV Thread Version II

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Worth a watch Aldo?
    Definitely. Best tv for a while.

New season of Black Mirror out. First episode didn’t go how I thought it would

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Only just yesterday had a look at this long ongoing thread ... and ... holy **** ... what a resource!! ... I was running out of options .... then about page 3 or 4, saw a recommendation for 'Deadwood' ...

Had basically 'scrolled' past this series for ... well .. 'ever' but decided to give it a shot .... and All I can say is thanks fellow Dandies ... I f()ckin love it .. good to see Timothy Olyphant again ... the guy responsible for two of the best one liners ever (IMHO) in 'Justified' ... McShane is way beyond what I thought the guy was capable of .... and just great to see Jim Beaver and Powers Boothe in the mix ....

By the way .... just want to say 'Preacher' is fkn excellent ... and would encourage anyone who lost interest midway through series 1. I get ye ... but .... try again! .... this is one of few series which follows up with a better series 2, and an even better series 3 .... It's 'kinda' scary, engaging, tense, wacky, hilarious, canna wait for series 4 ... although, fit the fk can ye dae tae top S3??
    Al Swearengen definitely Lovejoy 's finest hour! Didn't think much of the film length follow up that has just been released. Huge disappointment.

I rarely watch telly, but The Virtues which completed on C4 last night was terrific, if harrowing, viewing. Stephen Meadows is a genius, as is Russell T Davies, proven by Years and Years which is cooking up nicely.

And, lest i forget, FUUCK OFF MURDOCH

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I rarely watch telly, but The Virtues which completed on C4 last night was terrific, if harrowing, viewing. Stephen Meadows is a genius, as is Russell T Davies, proven by Years and Years which is cooking up nicely.

And, lest i forget, FUUCK OFF MURDOCH
    Stephen Graham or Shane Meadows? I've not watched it yet but I like Meadows stuff. Stephen Graham is usually the same character in everything though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Stephen Graham or Shane Meadows? I've not watched it yet but I like Meadows stuff. Stephen Graham is usually the same character in everything though.
    Was just about to post on it. Very dark and upsetting but a brilliant watch. Stephen Grahams character a lot more sympathetic than Compo. He is very good in it.

Ffs I meant Combo not the Last of the Summer Wine tramp! ☺

Definitely. Best tv for a while.
    Very fitting ending to the series, great show.

Can't believe they killed the dragon though

Shane Meadows, my error. I got confused with a Brookside scriptwriter.

Stephen Graham was Billy Bremner in the film of David Peace's part-imagined Clough biog The Damned United, so he doesn't always play a deranged violent psychopath scarred by his background - oh, hang on....

He was the investigating copper in the docu-drama where that young Everton supporting kid was shot by some feral youths.

You're right about a tendency to cast him in specific roles though- he was brilliant in John McGovern's The Street.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Shane Meadows, my error. I got confused with a Brookside scriptwriter.

Stephen Graham was Billy Bremner in the film of David Peace's part-imagined Clough biog The Damned United, so he doesn't always play a deranged violent psychopath scarred by his background - oh, hang on....

He was the investigating copper in the docu-drama where that young Everton supporting kid was shot by some feral youths.

You're right about a tendency to cast him in specific roles though- he was brilliant in John McGovern's The Street.
    Along with This is England, that was his best part. He had minor non entity part in the film version of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

He also played Baby Face Nelson in a ****e film and Dillinger.

Shane Meadows best film was his second, A Room for Romeo Brass where Paddy Considine in his first film plays the village idiot/psychopath.

Page 71 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast