+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T TV Thread Version II

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    HIGNFY needs a complete clear out, it hasn't been funny for years. And they really need a permanent host, maybe they could get Angus Deayton back.
    Not a complete clear out, Ian Hislop is brilliant. It needs a slightly controversial host for it to work but I'm sure that doesn't sit well with the folk running the BBC these days.

Out of all the hosts they have had I'd probably say Jo Brand is the best.

Hislop is part of the problem, him and Merton have been there for 30 years.

Maybe they should just scrap it and make something new instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Hislop is part of the problem, him and Merton have been there for 30 years.

Maybe they should just scrap it and make something new instead.
    Hislop is consistent though and not scared to call out politicians for the sh*te they get up to. Merton was funny and now he simply isn't.

Finished Yellowjackets. Would’ve been great if they kept it one season but it looks like they changed their mind halfway through & decided to milk it. Which is a shame

Really enjoying Disney+'s Book of Bobby Fettes.
    As good as some of the films with some intelligent plots.

Series finale of Severance last night.

Weird as f*ck, the kind of show I wouldn't really go for but a brilliant cast and a knack of keeping it relatively easy to follow for idiots like me makes it a fantastic show. Roll on series 2.

My outie can cook a perfect poached egg every time.

I don’t know if any of you have read any Kate Atkinson (she’s a fine writer IMHO), but her Life After Life is being televised as a four-parter on Beeb 2 from the morn (19 April). Incredible imagination, innovative structure, and beautifully-written*. It’ll be interesting to see how the structure is approached for visual consumption.

*I devoured it via audiobook which isn’t ideal given the to-ing and fro-ing time-shifts, and it was still very very tasty. I don’t have enough years left to read it, but I’d wager that it’s even better in print.

Podcast here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3cswssm

Thanks Vintage. That sounds my cup of tea.
    Surprised I hadn't heard of the book which I would be inclined to read first and then criticise the TV version for getting wrong

Worth a watch because I haven't read it yet.

I think it’s the first bit of a family saga. I’d read her A God In Ruins (part 2, I think) before Time After Time) and whilst there are cross references, the order of consumption seems to matter little. The Atkess’s detective/private gumshoe series featuring much put-upon Jackson Brodie has much to recommend it. Started Early, Took My Dog (the second of the series) is as hilarious as it is intriguing. Again I listened to it on the City Libraries’ audiobook which was terrific listening as I did my suburban flaneur thang.

Not a bad start to that story on the BBC.
    Those actresses were never the age they were supposed to be though.
    Interesting to see where it goes.

Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast