+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T TV Thread Version II

Aye, an 8 year old looking about twice that age. An interesting way to interpret Atko’s narrative structure using a narrator and the flashbacks, and the images mirroring the book’s ‘darkness fell’ refrain to confirm that she’s snuffed it again. The post-war ‘flu sequences were handled very well. I am glad that I ‘read’ the book first though.

I think all four episodes will be on iPlayer now from what I read in the publicity blurb. There are some challenging plotlines to come.

I know what devilled kidneys are.
    I will stick to steak and kidney pie, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    I know what devilled kidneys are.
    I will stick to steak and kidney pie, thanks.
    I eat mostly anything. Not marzipan or stinky cheese, both of which are by-products of the devil’s spermatozoa. FACT.

Having worked in a butcher’s shop when I was 12, I used to see the kidneys arrive, and was never sure if I’d fully rinsed the pish oot of them before they went on sale, so no thanks. Then again, pork’s flavour is apparently that of uric acid that floods the carcass at the point of slaughter, and I do enjoy hamming (ha!) into a bacon softie, or a grilled chop.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I eat mostly anything. Not marzipan or stinky cheese, both of which are by-products of the devil’s spermatozoa. FACT.
    Truffle (it don't matter whether it's black or white) and truffle flavours are the weakness for me.

It makes you totally resistable to anyone within a few feet as well.

I'll need to try watching the rest of the show on BBC iPlayer.

Ya dun' **** with tha Peaky ****in Bloyindahs

Series six, and the last ... good ****, but not all it was cracked up to be .... shame, cos it has been one o' the best over the years.

Good enough in fact, that Ah'm gonna watch the whole thing fae series one, episode one again pretty soon .... maybe when Ah dae that ma auld memory will be fortified, and series 6 will mak that wee bit mair sense as tae inform me regardin how brilliant some chums hae led ma tae expect it would be

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I think all four episodes will be on iPlayer now from what I read in the publicity blurb. There are some challenging plotlines to come.
    Second episode wasn't so charming in more ways than one.

Incident involving Ursula and her brother’s school pal? Boooo.

I’ll watch tomorrow then may use iPlayer for the other two.

UHD on iPlayer, I learned this week.
    Can't say I noticed.

UHD? No thanks, I take both coffee and tea without.

I’ve seen episodes 2 and 3 now. Impressed with how the complex narrative’s been adapted, and by the cast. I’d definitely advise following up by reading the book.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/film/2...r-episode-two/

Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast