+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T TV Thread Version II

Binged the series a while back. Didn't clock any of the Joot references but enjoyed the show more than I thought I would.

Finale of The Last Of Us later tonight/ this morning. It's been brilliant. HBO rarely make a dud. No laughing at the back for Westworld.

Watched The Gold on Saturday. Not a bad programme at all and yes I did clock the joot references.

To be fair if I could write a TV drama or a film, I would probably use names of Aberdeen footballers.

When the TV series Casualty first started, it used Norwich City players as character names.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Binged the series a while back. Didn't clock any of the Joot references but enjoyed the show more than I thought I would.

Finale of The Last Of Us later tonight/ this morning. It's been brilliant. HBO rarely make a dud. No laughing at the back for Westworld.
    How do you think Donsdaft would cope with the Bill & Frank episode? I thought it was up there with the best tv I’ve seen in years

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    How do you think Donsdaft would cope with the Bill & Frank episode? I thought it was up there with the best tv I’ve seen in years
    Completely agree. Given it ultimately had nothing to do with the main story (other than providing a car and supplies to the main characters) it still worked so well. Mind you, their ***uality was almost an aside, it was much more about companionship I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Completely agree. Given it ultimately had nothing to do with the main story (other than providing a car and supplies to the main characters) it still worked so well. Mind you, their ***uality was almost an aside, it was much more about companionship I thought.
    The whole series has been great but that particular episode was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The whole series has been great but that particular episode was perfect.
    Yeah, probably the best episode. It really was a cracker. Don't know much about the game but I read that those 2 characters were mentioned in it yet it still managed to annoy a few of the right people.

I see the last episode is only an hour long. Must admit I was a bit disappointed as I think most of the others have been nearer an hour and half.

Decent enough finale to The Last Of Us I guess. I thought they could have squeezed a bit more out of it but shouldn't really complain.

Joel's a killer alright, there was no stopping him. Why did he not tell Ellie the truth and let her decide her ultimate future?

2 more seasons commissioned I am hearing. So that to look forward to along with the next seasons of Succession, Severance and .... Deadliest Catch.

I often wondered how HBO continuously make such good TV.

It's shirley down to the scripts they produce? Succession series 4 episode 4 with the kids discussing an obituary of their recently deceased Dad in the local press: "Did any of you guys see him laugh like that?" "Yeah, only if a hobo was on fire."

Brilliant stuff.

Been watching Secret Army on Talking Pictures channel last few weeks
    Classic tv that spawned Allo Allo as the spoof version

Still enjoying it 45 years after it was made
    Theme tune set the scene perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by KincorthDon View Post
    Been watching Secret Army on Talking Pictures channel last few weeks
    Classic tv that spawned Allo Allo as the spoof version

Still enjoying it 45 years after it was made
    Theme tune set the scene perfectly
    Excellent TV. Still holds up well today as you say.

I managed to finally see the Kessler spin off on Talking Pictures last year.

Whilst not near as good as Secret Army, it was worth watching.

Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast