+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 LastLast

Thread: O/T TV Thread Version II

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Excellent TV. Still holds up well today as you say.

I managed to finally see the Kessler spin off on Talking Pictures last year.

Whilst not near as good as Secret Army, it was worth watching.
    I never knew there was a spin off - will look out for that - cheers min

I watched Storyvilles Blue Bag Life on BBC4 last night. A brutally honest look at the life of Lisa Selby as she tries to figure out her relationship with her late mum and her partner as they both succumb to heroin and alcohol addiction. I thought she was brilliant and must have took a lot out of her turning the camera on herself to cover such a tricky subject.

Highlight for me was when she trawled through google street views looking for images of her mum sitting at her usual haunt of steps outside some London library drinking special brew. She found a few images and described her late mother as "Preserved in time, digitally pickled".

Brilliant stuff.

I know there's more serious things going on in the world at the moment but what an absolute arse the BBC have made of top gear. Clarkson wasn't everyones cup of tea but himself with Hammond and Captain Slow made that show a global hit. All other hosts have been useless apart from that Chris Harris guy but he had to put up with Flintoff and Paddy McG.

The current series was shelved after Freddies accident and now looks like they won't be making it at all anymore. Shambles.

Question of Sport is going the same way. Only Sam Quek holding that long running show together.

And Have I Got News For You was back on Friday night and surprise surprise the Beeb still haven't found the balls to get rid of Paul Merton.

Typical BBC, they have to ruin everything. They didn't really need to get rid of Clarkson after that incident. If they could cover up for Jimmy Savile for a few decades they could easily have ignored what Clarkson did.

Have I Got News For You used to be the funniest show on TV, now it is just lame and predictable. Either scrap it or get new captains and a permanent host.

It's not a BBC program.
    They just buy it in.

They'll never get rid of Ian Hislop, he helps makethe bloody thing.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It's not a BBC program.
    They just buy it in.

They could always invent a new program, surely 30 years of HIGNFY is enough

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I know there's more serious things going on in the world at the moment but what an absolute arse the BBC have made of top gear. Clarkson wasn't everyones cup of tea but himself with Hammond and Captain Slow made that show a global hit. All other hosts have been useless apart from that Chris Harris guy but he had to put up with Flintoff and Paddy McG.

The current series was shelved after Freddies accident and now looks like they won't be making it at all anymore. Shambles.

Question of Sport is going the same way. Only Sam Quek holding that long running show together.

And Have I Got News For You was back on Friday night and surprise surprise the Beeb still haven't found the balls to get rid of Paul Merton.
    Agreed, I lost interest in cars a long while ago but at least it was always entertaining under Clarkson - I’ve never watched more than five minutes since he “left”, with the lame American or the cricket chap. I always fancied a go of that Star in a Reasonably Priced Car thing though but was never invited…

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It's not a BBC program.
    They just buy it in.

I don't think they should get rid of him. He knows his stuff and he's actually funny. Whereas Merton is a pompous git who isn't funny and seems to get frustrated when other guests are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    They could always invent a new program, surely 30 years of HIGNFY is enough
    I’ve got a feeling that if that was to happen, you’d be on here complaining about unfunny young wokist lesbians replacing British institutions

......and when it comes to being unfunny, they're brilliant at it.

Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 LastLast