+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Season Ticket

re: New Season Ticket

MM has openly stated that he is looking to build a team capable of sustained presence in the PL. We have 24000 ST holders, with frozen prices I think that is good. Regarding the football, it looks like the "continental" style will stay and we currently have an underperforming team. Things can change quickly in football, I hope they do, but am adamant that I do not want to see PL football until we can at least hold our own there...I will be renewing before the 4th!!

I am sure we could hold our own in the Premier League. 20th position would be ours, guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram
    I'm going to renew in next few days whether it's PL or championship again but I agree with Angry & Anag the excitement has gone off a bit of late for me.
    I couldn't make the Man U game & for various reasons wont be at Preston or MK games I'm hoping my short winter break will restore some faith.
    After having a season ticket for nearly 40 years I gave mine up because I was bored too. I really do not miss it every week, but when I do go to occasional away games and a handful of games each season at Pride Park I actually enjoy it now (and the after match curry of course). If I was going every week I would be bored again I am sure. Call me a part time supporter.....I suppose I am now. It does not help having a wife that is totally anti football and cannot understand why I want to drive down to Derby for a match, even if it is only a few times a season. Most Saturday afternoons I now

Nothing beats taking your lad to football so another season dawns..rain or shine.
    However i have to say that for me its boredom because of the way we play and frustration because i believe we have the players to achieve much more. The problem lies with the manager. Sadly i think we may scrape the playoffs in spite of him rather than gain success because of him. He doesn`t appear to be learning in my view.

Agree with that too 'mah'. Mine are grown up now and what with various other commitments etc...but it's still special when we all go together. I'm not sure exactly where the problem that you speak of 'lies'...but I sure as hell recognise that there is a problem at the moment and Rams4ever is right too...no point in going up until we can 'hold our own' there.

I am sure we could hold our own in the Premier League. 20th position would be ours, guaranteed.
    The way you've described your missus, OTR, it sounds like you spend most of your time holding your own already.

Quote Originally Posted by AnagRam
    Due to be out of the country for a while next month. Still really want us to do well but, for once, I doubt I'll miss the IPro.
    US of A again?
    Hope it's pleasure and not business.. Lucky you.

Quote Originally Posted by AnagRam
    VdLH and Angry have summed it all up for me above. Not sure quite what's happened this season but, despite all our spending, we seem to have slipped even further behind the 'giants' that VdLH speaks of and all too often, what I've seen from Derby or on Sky has, as Angry says, simply left me bored.
    Ramondo spoke earlier about his increasing disenchantment and I can't help feeling the same. Don't think it's just disappointment, maybe a mixture of dull unambitious football and the absurd amount of money and greed in the game. Why do we accept average Championship footballers earning more in a week than a teacher or a nurse can in a year?
    Due to be out of the country for a while next month. Still really want us to do well but, for once, I doubt I'll miss the IPro.
    Spot on.
    I expect us to be in the Championship too. I will renew but like others I am bored with the football this season. We miss Hughes and Bryson. Also not really impress

I'm going to renew in next few days whether it's PL or championship again but I agree with Angry & Anag the excitement has gone off a bit of late for me.
    I couldn't make the Man U game & for various reasons wont be at Preston or MK games I'm hoping my short winter break will restore some faith.
    After having a season ticket for nearly 40 years I gave mine up because I was bored too. I really do not miss it every week, but when I do go to occasional away games and a handful of games each season at Pride Park I actually enjoy it now (and the after match curry of course). If I was going every week I would be bored again I am sure. Call me a part time supporter.....I suppose I am now. It does not help having a wife that is totally anti football and cannot understand why I want to drive down to Derby for a match, even if it is only a few times a season. Most Saturday afternoons I now

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam
    US of A again?
    Hope it's pleasure and not business.. Lucky you.
    [/quote]

Yes, different part and yes, pleasure (hopefully)...good memory Angry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)