+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Disastrous result

Disastrous result

Another late concession and a loss from what sounds like a really poor game. These are exactly the types of games we need to be winning against sides around about us and when we lose to them then you know you're in serious trouble.

We have now failed to win in the league since the end of December and the ground we made up with our good run in that month is evaporating fast. Our defence simply isn't capable of keeping a clean sheet it seems and that is why we will lose far more than we will win.

re: Disastrous result

Garbage. Utter dross.

We can't keep on throwing games away like this. We need to pick it back up quickly.

We are just not able to compete, even with the worst. Im finished. I applaude every one of you that turn up week in week out. Ive done it for 40yrs but tonight has driven it home to me. Money that is hard to come by being spent ontotal non eentertainment. From this night on I am happy to listen to the comments from others. I said to my sons with 20 min to go that we will blow this right at the end. Well you done us proud again bunch of useless fuds.

Very difficult to disagree with you Marky. Our squad consists of blokes who were decent Well players 10 or more years back, and as for the others, hardly any seem to give a fekk.
    Hammel - Lasley - Pearson - McDonald - McFadden ... talk about flogging dead horses.
    and
    Ainsworth - Johnson - McManus, and the others just turn in to pick up the pay check.
    I'm almost at the same stage as you after 40 years of going along to FP. Things ain't good !

We as a club seem to have no vision going forward and the constant re-signing of ex players is a clear example of this. We don't seem able to produce and develop players these days either.

I was impressed with the signing of Morgaro Gomis but why we did nothing to address the defence is utterly baffling.

Yes Kennedy poor. I hope we don't sign mcfadden. Maybe Higdon still about though don't like playing long ball game. Hopefully were better than accies and k8lli3 and get 3rd bottom. Settle for that now. I Don't care about cup run.

We don't look like ever being able to keep a clean sheet,and it's now four games without a striker scoring a goal,which all adds up to a recipe for relegation.We are the only team in the league who play the last five minutes of every game defending in our penalty area desperately trying to hang on for a result which 99 times out of a 100 we fail to do.High time the manager and the players realised this and adopted a more attacked minded approach to our games.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)