+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A season which promised so much...

re: A season which promised so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Scoular1
    What have Accrington got ,that we haven't.
    52 pts and crowds of around 1,100 only joking.........consistancy

Accy, AFC Wimbledon and Northampton to 3 have a desire to win games. Some of our well paid players obviously haven't got that desire sadly.

But apart from having more points...what have they got that we haven't

Better manager ?
    Better players ?
    Bigger wages ?
    Bigger squad ?
    Better support ?
    Better attitude ?

We should be taking a leaf out of their book IMHO

I would imagine that their expectations are not as high as ours........by that I mean that the pressure is not as intense.......they don't have 1000's of fans expecting their team to win every game........and therefore they play without fear and freedom, knowing that they are not expected to set the world alight......and that is not being disrespectful or arrogant.....I hope they continue on their run and get into the top three..........not at our expense though!

Phil...I agree with you...I hope they go up automatically (but not at our expense.)
    So is our "problem" us fans ?

That's a good question Scoular.......a little while back I would have said no but now I feel that position has changed.......Pompey fans are fed up with relegation,s and being associated with failure.....we can,t keep on saying thank you for being saved..........we are now debt free and with the support I.e crowds, hospitality and sponsorship deals we are and have been getting we should be doing much better......I've noticed a change in fan attitude at the park but I still think deep down that if the players but in the effort and fall short the crowd will stay with them unfortunately of late they just can,t seem to find the consistency to mount a challenge........the pressure of playing at FP or teams coming and playing out of their skins a reason(s) for our faltering performances?.........I don't know.......we have to hit a run of consistency soon as we are running out of games.......3rd spot is still up for grabs.........hopefully something will click soon starting at Barnet tomorrow

Phil...I think Barnet will be decisive as regards our final position

Right I've done the math.

16 games to go and we are 3 pts behind 3rd place if we win at Barnet fair.

I would say that if we were to get our act together, find a way to break these teams down instead of thinking having negative possession wins matches by right then why not automatic promotion? We've beaten the Cobblers and the Pilgrims at their places. We've only struggled against Oxford (both games) from the top sides and we've thrown away plenty of points conceding stupid late goals. A bit of consistency and stopping shooting ourselves in the foot would go a long way to help getting us out of this league.

But I don't think it will happen because it's Portsmuff.

very frustrating,because you arnt a poor team if you go to plymouth ,northampton,bristol rovers,etc and win,this team can beat anyone but can also throw away results against anyone,CONSISTANCY is our biggest downfall this season,but as some are rightly saying there is still a chance to put it right,16 games left all cup finals,get a winning run going from tuesday night,all the other teams will take points off each other,oxford are struggling a bit and it was only a few weeks ago they beat us and everyone saying they are the best team in lge 2,anyway keep the faith everyone as corky says its portsmuff

Quote Originally Posted by Scoular1
    Phil...I think Barnet will be decisive as regards our final position
    Oh Dear Scully........that word "dire" has been used again to sum up the teams performance against Barnet. Words fail me.......A season that promised so much is slowly falling apart........still up next Cambridge at the Park, we can still do it as we still have 18 games to go......no 17 games.....no 16 games.......no 15 games......Oh Dear!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)