+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A season which promised so much...

A season which promised so much...

has turned into a massive disappointment for me. On the coach back Tuesday some were saying we could still finish in the top 3. I'll be amazed if we even make the playoffs.
    Elsewhere and on here they used to moan about Awfs being the tinker man. Does Cook really know what he is doing ?

re: A season which promised so much...

Have to say dropping Evans and Davis,and not having Naismith on the bench did seem a bit ermmm strange.
    But enough time to put in a late charge up the table.

The only positive thing to happen today was that I made it home before the rain made an appearance........as for Pompey it was boring predictable pass sideways scared to shoot football. Teams are sussing us out at Fratton Park......quite easily......against Bournemouth the work rate, hassling, tackling, passing and shooting was great.......against a well set up, drilled Division two side We were simply awful and lucky not to be on the end of at least a 3 v 0 loss. To make matters worse once again our manager decided to throw his toys out the pram when he was interviewed by express fm........I'm beginning to wonder whether the pressure is getting to PC........the fans deserve an explanation after watching that Performance.......we didn't get one just the noise of an arrogant scouser throwing his toys and dummy out the pram....as my old GI use to say..........grow a pair and man up! Here,s hoping we can pick it up and get some (winning) consistency going......sooner rather than lately!

i'm dissapointed ,but we all have bad runs,i wasn't there yesterday so cant comment on the performance(LDB gave me a report after),but we were poor tuesday in difficult conditionsit has to be said,i would rather have davies and evans in the starting line up,but was PC giving davies a rest with lots of games coming up,also i think chaplin deserves a bit more game time i think he's joint top scorer,but on other sites i see people saying he should go,imo no way should he go,best we have had for a while,as for the interview i would have walked off to,shows he cares and what **** questions to ask someone after they have just been beat,i hate it when pompey lose and then you go out and some of these dimwitted ****ers up here start with there ****,doesnt make me arrogant or childish,i care about my team,anyway play up pompey,dont get to downhearted we will come good

Sorry Daz but unfortunately giving post match interviews is part of the job description.I think that it would be better not to have them...let the OS or the News do them the following day.BUT walking away from an interview and being rude to an interviewer who wanted answers to questions many many people were asking shows a flaw in his character.Now unfortunately he has become the centre of fan v fan rows.He is not bigger than the club,and should answer questions about his management.

i agree no-one is bigger than the club,also agree about not doing interviews straight after a match,emotions running all over the place,and when you lose it hurts and being the manager that will be the same for him,probably best to let the dust settle a bit or send someone else out,my opinion is i think we have a decent manager who is going to make mistakes we all do,what ive seen sometimes the football could be quicker and a bit more direct,but we all have opinons,im not saying im right you fellas see pompey more than me,but last saturday we played a premier league team off the park in the 1st half,so we have had two nowhere near like performances since,i think we will be ok,play offs though and hopefully players get a boot up the arris and get back to winning ways PLAY UP POMPEY

I didn't like the look of that line up before the off. Too many tinkerings. None of the new boys acquitted themselves well imo. As LdB said no point in having a target man who can't hold the ball up. Smiffy's control was poor and is no replacement for Lavery ability-wise. Not just picking on him, the only one anywhere near the mark was Doyle. If Orient had taken their chances it could have been 3/4-0. No complaints, we were well below par which is posh speak for shîte.

On the plus side the visiting posse had a great day starting with a tour of the BAR Admiral's Cup project on Spice Island. Then chilli crab cakes wiv chips in the Overlord Room in the OCH. A good time was had by all especially the Orient contingent of our party.

Just when I was thinking things couldn't possibly get any funnier, your classless scouse buffoon of a manager only goes and proves me wrong.

Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    Just when I was thinking things couldn't possibly get any funnier, your classless scouse buffoon of a manager only goes and proves me wrong.

Impressive.
    FFS you mention dimwitts and the biggest of them all comes along,if your'e bored why dont you go and polish the scum trophy cabinet,dont forget to give the JPT a lick of paint,lifeless,little nobody club.....

Quote Originally Posted by kendaldaz
    dimwitts
    My sides..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)