+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: There is more than one garry Nevile!

There is more than one garry Nevile!

Garry Nevile was a very tallented sportsman, that cannot be denied. He played cricket in his early years for Lancashire junior teams, before joining Manchester United along with his twin brother. His father had played Lancashire cricket and his sister was an international Netball player.

He became one of the class of 92 along with Beckham, Scoles, Butt, Giggs et al. Under the guidance, of arguably Britains greatest manager, Alex Ferguson, he developed into Englands most capped right back and captained United for five years.

On retirement from playing, he became a television pundit, while also being appointed Englands assistant head coach. On the television he proved very articulate for a footballer, however, not quite in the Graham Le Saux class. He seemed to be able to analise a match, while disecting the various patterns and movements that make up a game. He displayed firm convictions on his honest opinions.

This knowledge and experience was soon to set him up in a top

re: There is more than one garry Nevile!

Yeah, and there is also more than one Gary Neville

I can't speak for the UK, but I know over here that the sports talk shows are absolute filth. Either the population interested in sports consists of 95% morons (which is entirely possible) or they only let the nimrods' calls through. Makes the talk show host appear smart because the callers are so stupid.

Well just like Aston Villa and Remi Garde, Gary Neville hasn't last long, sacked earlier today. The language barrier, tactics, constant team changes and poor results all a major factor.

I know it's early day but i wonder if he will get a chance in English football? - view external link

Very well said, Abbo, especially the last two main paragraphs. I have largely given up on the Wolves forums I used to enjoy as I am simply fed up with people who clearly don't understand that there is more to a good football team than the wave of a magic wand. I am always interested in new ideas and informed opinions, but the biggest moaners rarely come up with any solutions!

Looking forward to seeing you again sometime, but I doubt it will be this season.

It was a high risk high reward move to begin with. He had minimal experience in managing, but it was a job that had he succeeded, would have propelled him as a candidate for a good position in the Premier League or even a candidate for the England job after Hodgson is done. Wonder if he'll get another chance somewhere back home though.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf
    It was a high risk high reward move to begin with. He had minimal experience in managing, but it was a job that had he succeeded, would have propelled him as a candidate for a good position in the Premier League or even a candidate for the England job after Hodgson is done. Wonder if he'll get another chance somewhere back home though.
    Well even if he doesn't go on and manager or be the head coach at another club, he can at least say he gave it his best shot. He's also part of the England coaching staff and is highly thought of. I hope he does give it another go and here in England.

Gary and Phil Neville aren't twins, Phil and his sister Tracey are. Gary is the older brother.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)