+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arbroath 0 v 0 East Stirling

Arbroath 0 v 0 East Stirling

Probably the lowest crowd in years witnessed a drab goalless draw.
    No cutting edge, and an inability to keep the ball or make inroads against Scotland's worst team.
    70 minutes of high aimless balls forward brought absolutely no joy, only in the final 20 minutes did we eventually get the ball down and start to play a bit and created a few half chances.
    Really struggling to get any positives from another dreary 90 minutes of football.

Personally the end of the season can't come quickly enough now.

re: Arbroath 0 v 0 East Stirling

A poor excuse for a game of football.

Better display than Saturday's shocker and as Steeplejack says the final 20 minutes we played decent football but you had the feeling again we could have played all night (like Saturday) and not scored, again no blame on Hester who worked his socks off and had some nice touches but again he requires a BIG robust partner with him to play off of and with Rutherford injured we are sadly lacking in this department, look at the the amount of decent crosses going into our box tonight and nobody getting on the end of them, we were totally powder puff in attacking crosses in East Stirling's box the same as on Saturday against Queens Park, both teams defences easily mopped up any crosses or corner kicks or balls launched at height in their boxes, nobody can deny that a striker like Grehan (who he never replaced) or Templeman (who he should have signed) would have got on the end of those chances and probably scored (it is not Rocket Science!!) , on a positive note i thought Bobby Linn was superb

It was a bit of a weird performance. Individually, I felt quite a few players got pass marks but it didn't result in a collective pass mark.

The problem isn't lack of height (although we are a short team) it's the fact that we've persisted with the route one and Munro pumping balls 50 yards. I'd much rather we tried to get the likes of Sergio in possession and looking to play through balls. Maybe it's not possible with the state of the pitch.

As the transfer window has closed and we havent got a back up striker in the Rutherford mould, perhaps the manager could find some juniors to play as trialists to at least try to find a big front man to partner Hester at least in the short term. Otherwise the matches to the season end will prove very trying for even the most optimistic of fans. Agree with the comment about Stewart as he did more in his short time on the park than either Sergio or Reid imo.

But a FACT is we did get decent runs up the wing a very good crosses into the box and never once got on the end of a cross, a "biggish" attacking striker like Murray/Grehan/Rutherford/Templeman would thrive on this service sadly on Saturday/tonight we have no player in the team suited for this, i rate Hester also rated Ryan who has now scored 4 in 4 for Emmerdale but imo i have always liked a robust or big striker with a penalty box player partnership i.e. Murray/Shagger or Doris (robust)/S****ie combo.

Can't wait for the season to finish. Been one long nightmare from the start of last January. £70 I've spent in the last 3 weeks to watch us, I'll no be back down on Saturday, had enough, not wasting any more money. Well done to the Arbroath board on wasting a season and a half by appointing him and sticking by him, bravo, you've managed to successfully make every single Arbroath fan become dusillusioned. 300 there last night, speaks volumes. The fact we can still make the play offs shows how bad this league is, although I think they'll be out of reach after Saturday.

Like the above supporter I too am spending £20+ to go to Gayfield every week to watch that drivel.I will continue until the end of the season and if Lumsden is still there next season immaterial of what league we are in I will terminate my attending games thus bringing an end to 60+years of support.
    The apathy on the terracing is almost tangible and the fans are now voting with their feet.I do not know anyone that is happy with Lumsden's reign and wants him to be there next season.You have only to look at the postings here and on Pie and Bovril.

I haven't made any but I see the club are deleting comments they don't like on their match report status' on Facebook? Pitiful. Same guy after the QP game and then tonight voicing the same opinion in a proper manner and it's been deleted, must not want to hurt poor Todds feelings.

It would not surprise me that the board is censoring comments rather than face up to the stark truth that the club's disasterous season is mostly due to their appointment of Loser Lumsden.
    Forget the story that all the other applicants were rotten, how could Loser be considered anything other than rotten when his record at Albion Rovers, his only other manager post, ended after 12 months with 7, yes 7, wins out of 38 games. Since his departure Albion Rovers have gone sailing upward whilst we are bobbling about at the foot of the table.
    You would think that another defeat on Saturday would wake the board out of its stupor but I doubt it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)