+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Finally Getting My Operation

O/T Finally Getting My Operation

After being told in 2001 that I required a new knee replacement, but was to young for it.
    Well I finally am going in Rotherham General Hospital, on Tuesday for a new knee replacement, it's been a long wait.

re: O/T Finally Getting My Operation

Good luck with the op Eric, hope all goes well.
    The question for another thread would be why you were "too old" 15 yrs ago when it would have undoubtedly improved your quality of life. Playing footie with the kids and taking long romantic walks with the missus (admit it guys..we all do it) would have been a lot less painful.

Just remember not to jump about too much when the millers goals start going in on Sat at swillsbro..

Hope everything goes well.

UTM

I'm due in the hospital in 7.5 hours time for an ankle operation. My wait since July pales to insignificance in comparison to yours!

Can't say I'm looking forward to it, but will be worth it. Good luck with your op.

daughter broke her collar bone in july 2015. after months of slings they decided a month ago to operate because it needs pinning.
    bloody broken bone for 8 month and still not sorted. the quicker we vote Kempo in for PM the better
    gl with the op

Good luck to you both and that your ops are a success...

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst
    After being told in 2001 that I required a new knee replacement, but was to young for it.
    Well I finally am going in Rotherham General Hospital, on Tuesday for a new knee replacement, it's been a long wait.
    Is the other knee ok then?

Or will that be needing sorting also?

Good luck lad.

Good luck with it.

Do as much physiotherapy as you can. The earlier you can the better. Keep it moving. You'll probably walk the next day and then you'll never look back!

I broke my ankle 24 years ago. It started giving me trouble a couple of months back so I got an xray on it. A piece of bone is floating around in there.
    Not looking forward to having it removed.

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger
    Is the other knee ok then?

Or will that be needing sorting also?

Good luck lad.[/quote]

Good luck John with your operation.

Thanks everyone for good luck messages.
    Has Jolly as said, with my right knee being kn*ckered, it as put pressure on my left knee, I have to have them both strapped up on match days.
    I had a date for the 8th March, but due to a cancellation, brought forward to tomorrow the 1st March, went in last week to sign consent forms, saw consultant, I said do one knee one week, then the other week after.
    He did want to put me a new hip in first, but seeing the length of time I've waited, he saw my determination for a new knee op first.

Quote Originally Posted by John2
    I'm due in the hospital in 7.5 hours time for an ankle operation. My wait since July pales to insignificance in comparison to yours!

Can't say I'm looking forward to it, but will be worth it. Good luck with your op.
    Good luck young man.

The orthopaedic junior doctor will now have done all of 28 days of orthopaedics and will now likely think she is an expert!

Only teasing a bit ( albeit using the truth)....It's the anaesthetic that strikes the most fear in me....I always found getting patients to sleep seemed quite easy..it was the waking up part that seemed problematic!

We have had a bit of debate here re the NHS...When you are recovered let us know your experience.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast