+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England, and Euro 2016

England, and Euro 2016

I know some of us have got some really important club footy look forward to in the next 2 months (and yes I have posted this thread on a few other boards), but when its all over are any of you looking forward to the Euros in France this summer. And not just as neutrals, but as England fans of course ?
    Im not getting any hopes up for us winning anything, but I think we might have that surprise element about us this time when you look at the form of players like Harry Kane & Jamie Vardy. We're obviously not going to be relying on over rated & past-it players like Rooney & Sturridge this time like we did in the dreadful world cup in 2014. Its going to be the biggest Euros yet and we've got a nice little British derby match against Wales to look forward to. Im not interested in Wales but Id like to see N.Ireland do well.
    As for the winners, I hope it doesnt come down to Germany, Spain, or Italy again!!

re: England, and Euro 2016

good post i say acido !

like you i aint holding my breath ( in terms of england ) however we do have a punchers chance i suppose

or may be not :-(

Openly optimistic, but deep down inside I hold little hope for an England upset. I would be happy with a top four finish for the lads.

I think we found our level didnt we under Sven and Fabio, and this was Qtr Finals at best, and I accepted that we were no better than that. As for our pathetic record on penalties, lets not get into that!!
    I dont know how the draw works out for the knockout stages, but surely we should be expecting to win or finish 2nd in a group alongside Wales, Russia, and Slovakia.

Not going to watch it. England do my head in.

I'll be supporting all the home nations but I fear them funny fellas from the desert lands might try to spoil things.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram
    Not going to watch it. England do my head in.
    Well surely as a fan Oldie, you will want to watch and enjoy the tournament as a neutral ?