+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unbelievable

re: Unbelievable

I'm amazed that Kettle is still refereeing professional football matches... it has been a strange weekend - a Barnsley fan was reprimanded by the RSPCA after taking his pet hamster to the match at Oakwell (just been reported on TalkSport Radio)

"The last time the two met in the League was in League One in the 2005/6 season. The Millers hosted the first game in October when a goal for the visitors from Martin Devaney was the only goal of the day. The game at Oakwell in November will be best remembered for the dreadful refereeing of Trevor Kettle. Shaun Barker put the Millers one up on thirty-one minutes and the visitors went into the dressing rooms at half-time wondering how they weren't three goals clear. After being booked in the first half Deon Burton seemed to throw himself over Steven Watts' legs on fifty-six minutes and was sent for an early bath for his trouble. Barnsley had more chances now they had the man advantage but the Millers managed to hold on - until the game descended into a farce five minutes from time. Lee Williamson talked himself into a second yellow card and, with the Millers down to nine men, Manager Mick Harford was sent to the stands for protesting. The board went up for five minutes injury time and w

Re Barnsley hamster -just found out on TalkSport Radio that it wasn't at Oakwell, it was an away match at the Bescot stadium!

Yes Mike Im sorry to have to admit that one of our fans, probably a stupid kid who had too much to drink took the live hamster to the match at Walsall. And they were passing it about amongst themselves during the match. This might seem like a bit of fun but I feel sorry for the animal, it must have been scared and I think it might even have been stolen from a pet store

And Parkgate, as for that match in 2005-06 all the points we gained that season were very welcome whether we got them in the 1st or the 96th minute. It was of course our successful play off promotion winning season under Andy Ritchie (goodness me was that really 10 years ago when we beat Swansea in the final on pens!!!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123