+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hillsbourgh & Rotherham Titans ground

Hillsbourgh & Rotherham Titans ground

Remember when Rotherham rugby club won the league & they would not let them go up because of the ground not up to PREM standards,well the pigstye must come in that category.Not that they will go up but it would be an insult to the PREM.I would not like to be in that ground with 40,000 in.

re: Hillsbourgh & Rotherham Titans ground

Hillsborough must be the grimmest, most desolate, most unwelcoming relic of a football ground in Europe. Apart from anything else it should have been pulled down after the semi-final disaster. It is like something out of a Hammer horror film. It needs a stake through the heart.

I've always found it to be impressive for some reason. I know its old and desperately needs upgrading, either that or they need to build a new stadium.

That said I do find it impressive, you know sitting there you're at a big club. Add on the famous cup semi finals over the years before the tragedy, its steeped in history.

Plus in my lifetime I've never seen us lose there, which I cant say about many places.

To progress as a club these days they do need to build a new stadium though. I'm sure most Wednesdayites being honest wouldn't disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepmidwinter
    Hillsborough must be the grimmest, most desolate, most unwelcoming relic of a football ground in Europe. Apart from anything else it should have been pulled down after the semi-final disaster. It is like something out of a Hammer horror film. It needs a stake through the heart.
    I think there were much more serious factors than the stadium itself that played a massive part in that disaster Deep. I been in unsafe situations in numerous grounds up and down the country with how they packed people in back then.

Crash barriers and wire fences, its hard to believe things like that were deemed acceptable as little as 27 years ago.