+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Should Steve Davis be our Manager next season?

re: Should Steve Davis be our Manager next season?

[quote="bigroof"]No half way house between Cat2 and Cat3 Derek?

Dario did it all BEFORE the PL dreamt up these mass employment schemes for non footballers. The TUC would be very proud of taking also rans off the dole that would find it difficult to get a job in B&Q!

Vale decided they don't even want any academy and why would they, when they can sign our players and others in fact just like most other clubs do...You may want to revisit just how many academies produce players good enough for their first teams? With respect you watch too many youth games as do the coaches like Dario and can't see there is another world out there of hundreds and hundreds of late ****s and mature footballers who would love to play league football...You want evidence? Ryan Lowe who is what aged 38 who stood out in the short time he was here and made the exact point Trinidad does...we are used to losing and heads drop and have no m

He didn't land in England till 10 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    ..... and that was the point Garry Player always used to make about coaches....IE if when one played golf better than he, then he would take notice! He had a point!

You always seem to forget, Mike, there are always 2 sides to every story - so choose your examples carefully!!
    David Leadbitter hardly ripped up any trees in professional golf as a player (indeed, did he *ever* play?), but he TOTALLY transformed the fortunes of a certain Nick Faldo making him (arguably) the most successful golfer this country has ever produced.
    Now how did he do that?

Great thread by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexman
    This club isn't any more complex than any other club, the simple fundamentals work the same as any other. You keep a failing manager, you lose money and you lose crowds whilst making thousands of supporters unhappy. All other clubs would sack a failing manager in the hope that the next manager will do better and keep the crowds at a sustainable level and to push to the club as high as possible. If this fails, you repeat in till a working fit is suitable. It's not rocket science, its not even tricky to wrap your head around. This is why EVERY other club does this.

Like Notts County you mean? Sacking managers after 70 days?? Do you really want us to stoop to that level??

Quote Originally Posted by Alexman
    The simple fact of the matter is we are not a sustainable club

(This had better be good)
    Why???

[quote="Alexman"]Onto Davis, he did get us promoted in 2012, but he had

Like Notts County you mean? Sacking managers after 70 days?? Do you really want us to stoop to that level??

No not just like Notts County, I mean like every club in the world. (they are all wrong i take it?)

(This had better be good)
    Why???

Because we have to sell a player every couple of year to sustain the club, despite us having a ****e budget for the first team. We lost over a million pounds this season. We own an academy to fund the academy not the club.

Bloody hell, not that old chestnut again. Are we never allowed to do well at this club?
    The moment we do, it’s because everyone else is ****!!!
    Jeez!!! Give me strength!!

Because Davis isnt ****?

Damned right too. That same squad of talented players were languishing in 18th in L2 before he took the reins. If you blame him for what is happening now, then you MUST credit him for what he did then – otherwise your arguments just do not stack up!!

No I don't Credit him for Darios work, no.

At least Notts County are doing something about their mess!

Whilst sacking managers every 3 months is detrimental, so is retaining a manager with a shocking record over the last 3 years. Nothing changes bar the relinquishing of high earning players with replacements being externally sourced crocks and flops or internally inexperienced youngsters. It's not a recipe for success.

I'm sick and tired of certain people repeatedly endorsing failure at this football club. Personally, I believe it is weak to even consider allowing Davis a fourth straight season to recruit poorly and have us winning a solitary game by October before we're in another relegation scrap again.

With home support inevitably decreasing, the only way the losses will be stemmed is by sacking Davis, exiling Collins to a behind-the-scenes role and putting in a new manager. There are plenty of people out there who would bite arms off for a chance to manage one of the 92, so why not embrace change? This isn't a chan

Quote Originally Posted by TrinidadsNumberOne

I've been blessed to watch some neutral football over the past few weeks and it's refreshing to see two teams attack each other, with incisive forward passing, skill, flair, determination, attacking football and intelligent counter attacking football all being on display even as low a Steps 6 or 7 of the lower league pyramid. Crewe play a style of football where static passing sideways and backwards followed by an aimless hoof to nowhere is the norm. It's woeful to watch. And since Summer 2013 Davis has been the most negative manager I've ever seen and I will stand by that. If Davis remains, there will be a lot of people not paying £275 to watch more of the same against supposedly inferior opposition next season.
    I too have witnessed some neutral football in the past few days and its incredible to see how different their games are to Crewe's. I truly believe that the dross we have witnessed over so long has impact

Quote Originally Posted by TrinidadsNumberOne
    I'm sick and tired of certain people repeatedly endorsing failure at this football club.

I don't know anyone, (well, maybe 2 individuals on here because they just seem to lap it up!), who do that! Just a listen to the programme below is a subtle reminder of why we do things the way we do. And it's not a case of living in the past. It's a reminder of what we can achieve. Just a shame about his choice of music!

Sacking managers every 3 months is not only detrimental, it's just not something we do - thank god!

And are Colchester not another example of fans' fickle nature? Recently it was a case of "they are bottom and look, they have a cat 2 academy"!! Two successive wins later and suddenly they are in with a sniff (still a long shot of course) and all the academy stuff will be forgotten and instead it will all be down to the fact that they changed their manager. Just shows how anyone can mold any argument to

Agree with pretty much everything you say there Somerset. Well, except for your criticism of Neil Baker's choice of music. I have only listened to 15 mins so far but no problem with his first piece.
    Assuming we do get relegated and that is a pretty fair assumption, it will be interesting to see how often those two posters raise their heads if we have a good season.

I am not bought by the rhetoric continually spewed by the club. And likewise Somerset, I don't agree with sackings every 3 months, but we've had a manager for 4 and a half years now of which the last two thirds of his reign have been dreadful. Doesn't 3 consistent seasons of failure ring alarm bells? Because to me it does.

Growing rhetoric from the media is that Davis will be here next season. What annoys me is positivists believing those who aren't happy with the current state of the club are trolls or being negative for the sake of it. A season ticket isn't an obligation, it's an investment, it's a bad investment when you look at the statistics over the past three seasons too. Therefore my sympathies lie with those who do not renew next season as I don't blame them if we retain the current management.

What I will say is this, even the fans who call for Davis' head like myself would love nothing more than for him to turn it around. I question his management regularly but there a

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast