+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Steve Davis be our Manager next season?

re: Should Steve Davis be our Manager next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58
    I don't think it is indicative of not caring to not necessarily want change. There is a grave danger of voting for change and then ruing the outcome of that change.
    It depends on what level of change we are asking though?

Let me just state three that would help the cause..

1. Downgrade the Academy to Cat3 that will free up much needed money for the first team without compromising the ethos of the club or imo the kids wanting to come here from the local area.

2. Get rid of the majority shareholder which seems on the cards and allow fans to buy shares in the club. And have a fan on the board so they know what's going on etc/

3. Reduce the ticket prices at the GRE and try and make that a full house every game. Halving the price and doubling the fans at neutral costs could at least be tried for a few games eg 10 to see..

We just get the impression that the board is not interested in change.

Addressing your points in order
    Downgrading the Academy would be a backward step and whilst I take your points about the running costs I am sure you will take my point about the level of wages we pay to the scholars who sign pro forms which in my view are realistic in terms od their age and their abilities at that stage.
    Getting rid of the majority shareholder is not as easy at it sounds. I believe work is being done which you implied in your posting, to bring this about. As for having a fan on the board, I suspect that all currently on the board are fans but I guess you are suggesting Joe Bloggs invited to joint the board. I am not sure how that would come about because I don't think you could just have anyone there. And lets face it, we don't want some "anti Academy" cove on there do we?
    Reducing prices in any part of the ground I don't believe is an option. Firstly halving the price is unlikely to double the attendance and secondly the club needs to be making money o

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    Yes or no?
    100% yes - but if we are found wanting by October/November time, a bit like DG in 2011, then say thanks but no thanks and move someone else in. And unless something dramatic changes, the next man off the rank will be Collins anyway. We all know that!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB
    However, I think the board will stick with him on the basis they thing L2 will be easier. Ask Tranmere????

Why not ask Fleetwood or Shrewsbury who both breezed through it in recent years?
    L2 will be no push-over but it will be easier - otherwise we may as well rename L1 as L2 and vice versa!

Seriously banging my head against a wall at the fans who want Davis in charge next season.

There must be something physiological going on with a chunk of our supporters who blindly support our failing manager and our failing club like there is nothing wrong. Maybe because of 2012 a chunk of our supporters are subconsciously programmed to like Davis and like everything about our club and not think for themselves. I dunno.

We've only won 1 game since late November which would see most managers sacked and yet there is just no viable opposition to Davis. We truly are a pathetic club and our demise warrants accelerating. There is no ambition throughout the whole of the club and that includes a sizeable chunk of our own support. Our club deserves nothing but to go down to the non league.

No use knocking if no one in.Lemmings come to mind.

Myopic idiots have just come into my mind!

10% off today TIM at B&Q so you can get some more Gloss Paint. Try and get Waterproof as yours washes off to easy

In answer to the O/P question I cannot see how Davis can be in charge next season. I don't dislike the man. He has been hamstrung by the pathetic budget he has to work with, however some of our play over the past few years has been horrendous. There have been brief exceptions, but on the whole its been pretty poor stuff.
    I think for his own sanity he'd be best of out of it. He looks a worn man now. Constant relegation battles have left their mark. Also, as the club are going down (bar a miracle) there needs a statement made to fans we mean business in getting back up - remaining with the statusquo will see crowds of 2500 next season.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin
    10% off today TIM at B&Q so you can get some more Gloss Paint. Try and get Waterproof as yours washes off to easy
    Don't ever pursue a career in comedy. You will fail!

Article today asking why Steve McClaren keeps failing as a Manager,maybe he and SD should meet up and work it out,as one has loads of money and the other None. by the way did you hear the one about!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast