+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Steve Davis be our Manager next season?

Should Steve Davis be our Manager next season?

Yes or no?

I was going to say if we get relegated as seems likely but even if we don't and get lucky again with someone else having a really bad run allowing us to escape once again and so decided on the topic above.

I would say NO! OK it was the league leaders yesterday but two shots on goal in 90 odd mins of football tells me they have all lost the plot about what this game is about. Haber should never have been signed as a Striker that is clear and so we have had no strike force for most of the season and most of his loan signings have been diabolical at the expense of our own youngsters and anyway we were signing other clubs academy graduates as well...

However, I think the board will stick with him on the basis they thing L2 will be easier. Ask Tranmere????

re: Should Steve Davis be our Manager next season?

YES.

But mainly because the question is dumbed down to a wingeing YES/NO poll.

Perhaps rephrasing the question to "Who should be our Manager next season?" would yield a more constructive set of answers.

I'm neither a Steve Davies-phile nor a Steve Davies-phobe; I'm neither an Academy-phile nor a Academy-phobe; I'm neither an Dario-phile nor a Dario-aphobe; I simply recognise pragmatically that we have an existing infrastructure, an existing board, an existing attitude, and whether we like it or not, whether it is in the long-term or short-term interest, or not, we have something already in place and even IF we have the funds, which we didn't, don't and in all likelihood won't in any time soon, we are not about to change this overnight.

With that in mind, who COULD manage our club next season, and out of those possibilities, who would we prefer and what would be the consequences of such your preferential candidate being appointed?

Realistically, even if someone with a 2

Well, thanks for the reply....its gone from a 'whinge' to a 'waffle'....

Its quite interesting that over 100 views and just one reply and so no wonder we tolerate things at this club..I would say that SD would not have lasted this long at ANY other club in the world...But then we are little Crewe with little ambition, like stuffing 4 millions in the bank available for loans to other Directors while the team goes down and down and down and you say they are not mugs? Seems like some are and must be to allow that situation, never mind breaking up the club into bits and pieces to facilitate even more cash.

Another whinge sorry!

No one in there right mind would take on the Crewe Managers job trying to juggle with the Academy and the 1st team,when they asked D Platt he ran off to India out of the way quick sharp. As for the person that takes the job on will have to agree to play the kids or else DG will be watching him from the stands ready with the knives out,Murder on the Crewe Express.
    As far as SD goes if Crewe fall into that bottome half of the 2nd Div he will get the sack ? Who says so G.Mcgarry he should know he said he will not get any more chances if he fails in the 2nd Div.

[quote="gruff1"]YES.

But mainly because the question is dumbed down to a wingeing YES/NO poll.

Perhaps rephrasing the question to "Who should be our Manager next season?" would yield a more constructive set of answers.

I'm neither a Steve Davies-phile nor a Steve Davies-phobe; I'm neither an Academy-phile nor a Academy-phobe; I'm neither an Dario-phile nor a Dario-aphobe; I simply recognise pragmatically that we have an existing infrastructure, an existing board, an existing attitude, and whether we like it or not, whether it is in the long-term or short-term interest, or not, we have something already in place and even IF we have the funds, which we didn't, don't and in all likelihood won't in any time soon, we are not about to change this overnight.

With that in mind, who COULD manage our club next season, and out of those possibilities, who would we prefer and what would be the consequences of such your preferential candidate being appointed?

Hi all,

Crewe fan of 19 years here, used to post occasionally many years ago.

It would seem the board would continue to back Davis in L2, they all seem on the same page in terms of vision which is to retain league status and carry on with a Cat 2 academy. While I have backed Davis, I sit on the fence a little in that I feel longevity has brought and can still bring success but then I wonder would we be better with fresh ideas and perhaps some more tactical nouse. If the board has been considering Davis' position this season then they have missed a trick with Craig Hignett, who has always been an admirer of our academy and from his interviews states that he has a long term plan to develop young players for the club. He or Danny Murphy would be a good fit but wages would be a stumbling block especially with Murphy. I guess looking to promote from within as we so often do we have James Collins, Kenny Lunt and Lee Bell but then experience becomes a factor. Team wise I think we h

Won't argue with any of that.
    What little I have seen of Richards I have been reasonably impressed. Good skills in terms of positioning and can save a shot (minimum requirement). As with Ben, his distribution needs working on. All-in-all, perhaps Richards would work hard to get better if he had the No 1 dangled in front of him.

Just checked the team that SD inherited from Dario in 2011. It included Phillips, Toots, Davis, Dugdale, Bell, Miller, Max, Powell, Murphy, Westwood, Artell, Ajay and Byron Moore. What on earth were that lot doing near the bottom of League 2? Surely anyone with a passing knowledge of football could have shaken that lot up.
    Having said that, SD was a revellation. Subs when they were called for, exchanging the right players. Innovative free kicks so different to Dario. And since then?? We've gone backwards. Subs far too late. Up and under free kicks, far too defensive. Some dreadful loan signings and purchases and several players released who were better than anyone we'd got.
    Next season we need a change with new thinking.

Derek, the EU referendum is dead easy....or should be!

Do I want us to be able to make our own laws or unelected Beaurocrats in Brussels?

Can we get rid of them at elections or not?

Can we control our own borders or not?

If people think none of that matters, they will vote to stay in, otherwise they will vote out like me!

In terms of CAFC

Do we want a successful football club or just a run of the mill L2 club or even the Conference? What real difference is there in the bottom 3 leagues anyhow if teams like Eastleigh can play us off the park? I thought on Saturday that we were playing the top league team and we needed the points and yet it was a poor crowd and no atmosphere whatever and so what difference is struggling in L1 or L2 going to affect that?

I suppose most people in Crewe and the area couldn't care less and so the status quo will appeal to most fans as it will in the EU referendum....Its a real lack of ambition and fear of change in both case

I don't think it is indicative of not caring to not necessarily want change. There is a grave danger of voting for change and then ruing the outcome of that change.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast