+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hillsborough? Don't mind if I do!

Hillsborough? Don't mind if I do!

Our third away victory of this troubled season was arguably our most satisfying, coming as it did against our "Massive" neighbours and against their much vaunted star studded team. They've splashed the cash in order to reach the Promised Land of the Premiership and their fans and local media have certainly bought into it.

This was a game that the Owls were nailed on to win, a three point banker. Even many of our fans had predicted defeat and many decided against the short trip. Shame that so few travelling Millers were present but it didn't really matter.

A variety of reasons were offered for staying away. High ticket prices? But I'd paid more at Leeds and Middlesbrough! Their stadium is a dive? Short memories here, remember those trips to Accrington and Macclesfield not so long ago, Hillsborough is positively luxurious compared to many stadiums I've watched the Millers at in very recent times. We don't want to be present after a drubbing, think of all those gloating home fans

re: Hillsborough? Don't mind if I do!

Great write up that axholme really enjoyed reading it.

Spot on Chris.

Spot on pal

To those who,for whatever reason,chose not to support the Millers in person on Saturday please read the OP..it's the next best thing.

Great summary axholm ..an enjoyable read.