+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Damned United

The Damned United

I saw this film again recently and its a brilliant film, but Im not sure how correct it is as and how much of it is made up for comic/drama effect. I think its classed as 'drama based on actual events'.
    The era of Clough, & Derby, & Brighton, & Leeds, & Revie was before my time as a fan, I started to like him though from the late 70s onwards and couldnt help but admire what he & Taylor did at Notts Forest.
    What was he thinking though on his first day at Leeds, to tell his new players that they were cheats and should throw everything they had won into the bin (or words to that effect!!).
    And those scenes with him and the Direby Chairman Sam Longson were brilliant (Sheen & Broadbent seemed to really love doing those scenes together).

re: The Damned United

I don't think it's far off the truth.

Well either way Jolly, we wont ever see that again will we.
    Nobody will do that again where they take a team from the bottom of what is now the Champship, to the top of the Prem and win the Champions league two years in a row. Thats how brilliant Cloughie (and Taylor) and Notts Forest were. And Derby fans will say now that they could and should have achieved this, that Notts Forest stole their thunder.

The Clough family didn;t like the amount of swearing in the book, as Cloughy very rarely swore in real life ( as confirmed by Lee Glover).. ok, he may have been thinking that... but its not a documentary... still a great book though

Think it was filmed at saltergate which was tarted up to look like the baseball a bit..

So those scenes were at Chestefield/Saltergate were they ?
    That is totally unacceptable. I hear they spent about 8 quid to tart up the old ground

Quote Originally Posted by Acido
    Well either way Jolly, we wont ever see that again will we.
    Nobody will do that again where they take a team from the bottom of what is now the Champship, to the top of the Prem and win the Champions league two years in a row. Thats how brilliant Cloughie (and Taylor) and Notts Forest were. And Derby fans will say now that they could and should have achieved this, that Notts Forest stole their thunder.
    Kevin Blackwell?

2016 Helps Warnock keep us from relegation
    2017 Promotion to the Premier League
    2018 Do a Leicester and win the Premier League
    2019 Win the champions league at the first time of asking
    2020 Tony Stewart becomes Sir Tony Stewart

2021..Rotherham Tory MP Kevin Blackwell congratulates South Yorks Police for apologising to Rotherham ex-miners for events during the strike and Arthur Scargill admitted that some of the miners may have over re-acted a tad too.

Well....you started it

2022 Sheffield Wednesday fans finally admit that they're not massive at all.

Arh & Pigs might fly over Hillsborough, instead of mucking about on the pitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast