+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New venue needed for the SNP

re: New venue needed for the SNP

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1
    I know four of them who admit it openly, two live in Hawick & another pair of them are up here in Edinburgh.

Horrible b@stards.

I know a few but they see themselves as not working class anymore.. Unfortunately but to be fair I do enjoy their company..

Quote Originally Posted by deesturbia
    Mook, who are these working class people who vote tory in Scotland. Borders folk?
    It goes back to a time when The Unionist Party in the 1950s were the largest party in Scotland where protestant working class voted for the tory sister party in large numbers. Since then the so called 'orange vote' has crumbled (as has the catholic tradition of voting labour) as Scotland has become a more secular country.

Political polls on websites like follow follow still though have the tories easily as the most popular party for the brethern and this old tradition continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Buc

Nah that tartan Tories is well outdated never has been never will be.
    Out of the 115,000 members and that's not including its supporters there's a massive amount of out of work members around 80% ..that for me says it all.

CORRECTED that for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwaiCSC
    It goes back to a time when The Unionist Party in the 1950s were the largest party in Scotland where protestant working class voted for the tory sister party in large numbers. Since then the so called 'orange vote' has crumbled (as has the catholic tradition of voting labour) as Scotland has become a more secular country.
    What is it with you people and religion??

Political polls on websites like follow follow still though have the tories easily as the most popular party for the brethern and this old tradition continues.
    Trawling RANGERS forums?? What is it with you people??

"What is it with you people and religion??"

Actually the point I was making was the opposite. These things no longer matter thankfully.

I dont trawl Rangers sites but there are plenty on both sides who do and share there findings. There is one previous known as wally on this board who keep us up to date with what celtic fans are saying on their forums and social media.

Quote Originally Posted by weebuddy

Out of the 115,000 members and that's not including its supporters there's a massive amount of out of work members around 80% ..that for me says it all.

CORRECTED that for you!![/quote]

Weefuddy is the archetypal land of hope and glory Britnat. Totally unable to look at anything SNP in any objective light. He utterly despises Scotland's new found confidence and also the Scots actually choosing a party that will put their needs first. Like the rest of his Unionist cohorts he's a very frightened man. The Union is broken... it doesn't even work for the people of England let alone the rest of us. He doesn't know what the Union stands for he never really did. A confused and frightened Man.

Quote Originally Posted by weebuddy

CORRECTED that for you!![/quote]

Aye thanks webuddy ..

But I didn't say that

How about Bellahouston Park back in 1982 a certain gentleman had 300,000 turned out to see him ..

Maybe outdoor then we do need the space to accommodate the fans /members voters..

Quote Originally Posted by mogwaiCSC
    Mook, who are these working class people who vote tory in Scotland. Borders folk?

Political polls on websites like follow follow still though have the tories easily as the most popular party for the brethern and this old tradition continues. [/quote]

Funnily enough the four working class tories I was referring to don't like Football or go to Kirk.

Very simplistic of you to put it down to an 'Orange vote', there are working class idiots all over Scotland who vote tory & it has nothing to do with their religion or Football team.

Indeed there are but what I actually stated was "the orange vote has crumbled"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)