+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are youse ready....

Are youse ready....

...for the arrival of playoffs-chasing Carlisle tomorrow? We've finally started playing, but it'll be tough for us; in my opinion you were probably the best side I've seen at Brunton park this season and we were lucky to take the point. They all count though.

Just one request though. Nee sodding flood jokes. And also remember that the ringing of bells only spurs our lads on.

We'll stroll it.

re: Are youse ready....

Ready aye ready. If you like the bell that much we'll put JW among you.

That's just WRONG.

I thought the team that wanted it the most won it. The first half was forgettable, to be honest Carlisle have improved as I have heard and read. They wasted time whenever they could and both centre halves were manhandling Smith most of the time with the referee totally oblivious. 2nd half was much better, their dodgy keeper Gillespie fumbled and Smith struck. We should have wrapped it up when McGurk in the clear, hit the post. How did Grainger stay on the pitch ? Used his elbow off the ball but struck lucky because the officials were watching the ball. Their big sub striker missed a sitter late on, totally unjust that would have been if it had gone in instead of over the bar. If Curle moans about the Stevens booking in the first half may I remind him that Carlisle got a penalty at BP that wasn't in the box, then we didn't get one that was. That's football KC.

Good summary LDB.....it was obvious from the start Carlisle had come with a game plan (seen to often at FP this season) to frustrate and waste time.......happily Pompey stuck to the task and fashioned a goal from a far better second half display. As for Carlisle they might rue the fact that they didn't start the game like they finished it! As mentioned on another thread the linesman on the NSL was simply awful......I lost count of the number of glasses he was offered as he could have opened his own branch of spec savers had he taken them! All in All a business like well fought three points which has put us right back in the mix due to results elsewhere.....especially the late winner for Exeter against the green army! Finally it was heart warming to see all the Pompey legends on the pitch at half time.........another well done to the Club for looking after and celebrating our former players!

Yes well said Phil. For those who weren't there as he says the legends got a great reception, Toddy a wonderful one. Back to the game It makes me smile still at the thought of Keith Curle pointing at his watch to the ref in the 2nd half indicating time wasting. That was a bit rich for me. Have a great weekend all of you wherever you are, whoever you support

Did Guy and Awfs turn up ?

Guy yes Scully, Awfs No but he would have been with Luton's Academy teams no doubt. Didn't hear your mates either, maybe he was away too. Torquay won at Gateshead 2.1. They are out of the bottom 4 and have a fighting chance of avoiding the drop but there are hard games coming up.

Fingers crossed for Dan and Torquay (I read somewhere Dan was being played at outside left.
    Maybe Jonny is too recent.
    I do wonder who gets invited,I mean if all the players that have been on our books for the last 3 years turn up,we would need a bigger pitch. Maybe at the end of the season I will count up the players we had starting with Guys all stars

A very smiley Awfs was there for the Notts C game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)