+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wolves name their new club sponsor : The Money Shop

re: Wolves name their new club sponsor : The Money Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf
    Good on the fans for making it known! Signed the petition as well.

These types of "businesses" are predators of the working and lower classes. If I could eradicate them from the planet, I would!
    How do these companies work in the States mich?

Edit: looking at that, it looks a pretty stupid question

[/quote]

Much the same as they do over there, I imagine. Money Shop is part of a larger company called Dollar Financial Group which is based in the States.

It's pretty poor foresight from Wolves on this. Money Shop was just required to refund customers for 15 million pounds last fall because they were lending more money than the loanees could afford to pay back. The DFG had to pay back $3 million to individuals Stateside. That 15 million was last fall! Not several years ago. Truly appalling from Wolves.

And 71, I understand your point about why fans have not spoken

I'd advise those against the sponsorship, myself included, not to buy the replica shirts with theirs on, also unsubscribe to any emails you get that mentions the money shop.

Will be interesting what Wolves do. Stick it out and just shop for a new sponsor for the 17-18 season? Or do they admit the mistake and buy out the deal from The Money Shop and pay them a fairly large sum of money?

Either way, poor poor decision making from those paid the big bucks to deal with these sorts of things.

I'm considering having a mock home shirt made up that will cost around 10-15 quid with all profits going to a local charity.
    This can be an alternative for folk not wishing to advertise the thieving barstweards.
    If it drums up enough interest I'm game.

I'm up for it Chimp.

Quote Originally Posted by chimplad
    I'm considering having a mock home shirt made up that will cost around 10-15 quid with all profits going to a local charity.
    This can be an alternative for folk not wishing to advertise the thieving barstweards.
    If it drums up enough interest I'm game.

Nice Idea mate, great to see you post on here again!!

Over 8000 have signed the petition and well on course for 10k by the end of the day. I'm not saying it will make a difference, but at least there are so many people again it, including many who follow other clubs.

You've got to laugh at Moxey's comments regarding the Money Shop, saying everybody wins, what a comment to make. - view external link

I think the first three fans comments say it all really.
    How often do fans get angry about sponsors?
    I suppose it just brings home how detached Moxey is from the common working man. I actually count myself lucky that I have never had to use these leeches and I hope I never will.

Is it me or does Danny and Diamond Dave seem to be smiling through gritting teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf
    I think the first three fans comments say it all really.
    How often do fans get angry about sponsors?
    I suppose it just brings home how detached Moxey is from the common working man. I actually count myself lucky that I have never had to use these leeches and I hope I never will.

Is it me or does Danny and Diamond Dave seem to be smiling through gritting teeth?
    It just suggests to me of what Wolves are, cheap and cheerful with no ambition, happy to associate themselves with The Money Shop. Moxey tries to say no one complained for years about them sponsoring the south Bank. He's so out of touch, he doesn't get it does he? not on our shirts.

Both Batth and Edwards just doing things that come part and parcel with their job.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)