+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Academy players

Academy players

All involved against Aston villa u21s tonight, inc Tomlinson, Forrester, mansell etc..

Unlikely to be involved for the first team against nottm forest then aucks.

re: Academy players

Connor mahony and jack Doyle are apparently in the squad for forest..

Who the hell is jack Doyle? Never heard of him.

He was your secret weopon until you outed him..

Interestingly, Doyle is predominantly a left-back. Mahoney, of course, is a winger.
    I'd love to see them both start. As I said, there is no realistic prospect of relegation, so what have we got to lose?
    If PL brings in four or five new players in the summer, the youngsters will be out of the picture again, so I'd have thought it was now or never.

I have followed Mahoney since he played for Accy vrs Morecambe. he is a local lad, and something we lack. In no way are any of the wingers we have in the club (especially Bennet) any better, he should have played all season for me, he has been ready for a while. Which you cant blame just PL for.
    I could get alongside this more if we had more local lads who actually want to play for us, and have a bit of pride.

Spot on Champs.
    Despite viewing the worst display (for me) of the season last weekend, with the touted intro of the young un's, I'm back on again today.
    After some gap in my viewing I witnessed Jackson, Grimes and Bennet last week and 'oh dear'.
    It hurts to add Brown to the list as he comes across (to me at least) as a honest trier, but it's just not there. The others ? For me it's both their attributes and endeavour, both fairly poor.
    I am singularly goin down to view the young lads simply in the hope to lift my spirits in seeing some genuine personal and with it 'local' pride in performance.
    So they make the odd mistake/error, so what that's what it's all about. It's the overall contribution that counts.
    Last week Evans sat on bench throughout ??? And Taylor back at Millwall ???
    Will maybe get some stick for this (esp from my match day buddy), but I personally am glad to see the return of Lowe as he is another to me who wears the shirt with pride and you always get 100% commit

The introduction of some youth is a much needed boost for the fans and I echo the thoughts of champs about Mahoney
    maybe now we can see a few more tried out like mansell for example
    we have zero to play for so some much needed game time for the youngsters might be crucial to our long term future.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)