+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Montrose match is opportunity for players

Montrose match is opportunity for players

Any players who are not up for the derby should not be invited back next season.

Those who are up for it need to have shown they are not one match wonders both in recent matches and in the final matches of the season.

Second or third bottom of the bottom division is failure and the players must accept responsibility for it as they are paid to do it on the pitch and have not set the heather on fire under the old or new manager.

Campbell needs to look at those who perform against Montrose and decide whether or not they can be relied to do it every week next season. If not get rid of them and those who do not perform and bring in those who can.

Fans need to cut the sentiment and realise that we cannot afford players who cannot deliver consistently. We should always be in 2nd Division play-offs when in bottom league or at least mid table if in 1st Division. This season has been a total failure and a 2nd bottom finish will reflect badly on all players from captain downwards.

re: Montrose match is opportunity for players

To be fair to the players I don't think they've been helped out much by the previous management team. They're a young group of guys, a lot have been on loan, it's a very unbalanced squad with no real experience no real experience (Bobby/Ricky/Fleming and Wilson aside) no real proven goal scorer at this level. We have three strikers aged 19,19 and 21. I don't think it's been through a lack of effort from the players. I think the previous management team have made a mess of epic proportions when assembling this squad.

Let's hope for a win today. I read elsewhere that it will sort of being the whole Lumsden and Moore debacle to an end come 5pm tonight, well at home anyway, that's the positive thing for me.

Onwards and upwards under ****.

re: Montrose match is opportunity for players

A new manager normally gets a response from "good" players. A couple of wins and some dire performances does not say a lot for our players who no doubt have contracts covering the playoffs which they are not in. Not really looking forward to my "home" match at Elgin next week but will be there to bid farewell to the underperformers. Reminds me of last time we had a Campbell as manager and finished up bottom of the heap under Tommy who deserted us for near neighbours but thankfully there was no drop playoffs. Richard needs to get us into top two next season to avoid another failure and yet another replacement.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)