+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T NHL

O/T NHL

I know nobody cares but Willy Hills seems to have dropped a ******* with the odds for the playoffs.

St.Louis
    Tampa
    Pittsburgh treble is worth a go

St.Louis are heavy favourites but are just about evens

Fill your boots. Smash the bookies

re: O/T NHL

don't follow ice hockey (baseball and basketball for me) but Pittsburgh are playing the capitals who won the regular season title, why would they be favoured?

The Caps were the highest rated team in the NHL regular season. Pittsburgh have more playoff experience and Sidney Crosby.

St.Louis vs Tampa Stanley Cup

Caps won...

At home, in overtime, in game 1...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Grantland
    don't follow ice hockey (baseball and basketball for me) but Pittsburgh are playing the capitals who won the regular season title, why would they be favoured?
    Winning the regular season is no guarantee of winning the Stanley Cup, only twice in the last 9 seasons. When the Oilers went to the cup final in 2006 we qualified as the 8th seed in the western conference.

Pretty good shout for the cup final Mason min, would like to see the Blues win it. Nothing like the Stanley Cup in North American sport, intensity, speed and excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonDandy
    Winning the regular season is no guarantee of winning the Stanley Cup, only twice in the last 9 seasons. When the Oilers went to the cup final in 2006 we qualified as the 8th seed in the western conference.

Pretty good shout for the cup final Mason min, would like to see the Blues win it. Nothing like the Stanley Cup in North American sport, intensity, speed and excitement.[/quote]

I appreciate that having the best regular season doesn't automatically equal winning the title, just wondered why a lower seeded team would be favoured versus the no1 seeded team ?

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonDandy

Pretty good shout for the cup final Mason min, would like to see the Blues win it. Nothing like the Stanley Cup in North American sport, intensity, speed and excitement.
    Yeah, think everyone would like to see the Blues win & you're right with the rest of it. I was on Vancouver when they were in the final & it was brilliant, including the riot

This here is the only sporting moment that I've cheered as much as a Dons goal. Just a shame that fat f*ck Thomas ruined the rest of it...

---> - view external link

The Stanley Cup is one huge c@nt of a thing.

Well the cup isnt but the plate bitties make it massive

Edit-Good sport. On the bucket list, when i did my south west US tour, Pheonix Coyotes were away when i was in Phoenix, San Jose Shark were away when i was in San Francisco and the LA Kings were at home but it was 250 dollars for the cheapest ticket. Sack that. I never thought about Anaheim for a ducks game.One day ill do it

The 3rd Period of Game 1 Sharks vs Predators was good. Atmosphere was bouncing, plenty of goals, Predators pulling their keeper & the two teams having a square go at full time.

All 3 of my tips are down so far

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast