+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Going down..

Going down..

Or instead, maybe we promote academy products and find our best team was under our noses the whole time.

Positivity.

re: Going down..

If you say so.

What could happen is we drop to league 1 then bounce back
    go on to win the championship then ultimately win the premiership
    venkys carried aloft through Blackburn
    or this could be the beginning of the end
    I am very concerned by the lack of structure at the club
    being reliant on youth is fine especially if you are to be financially well run
    but if the structure is poor how the he'll do you expect the building to stay up
    once the men at the top are sorted then we can move forward as a club.

I'm hoping, Robin, that the two things don't HAVE to be inter-linked.
    The administration has been a train-wreck, and the knock-on effects are still evident, but I don't think relegation is inevitable. There will be a lot of "small" clubs in the Championship again next year, and as we see every season, this Division throws up a lot of surprise results. There usually turn out to be two or three teams who "click" and become dominant. Then there isn't much to choose between the next fif**** or so. As it turns out, one point per game across the season is enough to keep you up!
    If you look at the big picture where our club is concerned, things seem dire, but that won't necessarily be demonstrated on the pitch.

I quite like going down ......

I hope we don't go on to discuss what it takes to "keep you up"....

The biggest problem aucks is the fact we are going to be looking at a chunk of the team being products of the academy
    we have quite a few players leaving through contracts/loans ending and with very little money to invest
    That puts emphasis on our youth squad to produce
    in my opinion that is quite dangerous as it puts alot of pressure on young shoulders
    sink or swim springs to mind.

It's very much akin to the Euro dilemma. All of us have our thoughts, hopes and opinions.
    But fact is........none of us really know.
    In some ways it's quite exciting (if that's the right word and putting totally out of your mind the Venkys). By this I mean 'the challenge'.

Robin, the like is for your first paragraph only. Post 3

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)