+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 449 of 560 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499549 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    We did get papped out the cups. The last 11 we have been knocked out and we havent qualified for the holy grail of the Europa league at the last 5 attempts in as many years

But its sucess to some
    Yes we got beat in the cups, but you predicted we'd be knocked out earlier than we did on many occasions and we did qualify for Europe when you predicted we wouldn't

I`m pretty uninformed on the stadium stuff.

But one of the things / reasons we were told was that the old girl would not pass future UEFA standards, " as the stands are too close to the pitch ? "
    See that " Camp Nou". . It was on the Telly this week. First row of seats looks affa close to the pitch ?!!

( Aye, wee rage about the Commentators calling it that. Why do we not call it the Nou Camp like we always did. Do we say it`s Barthhhh Elonah that plays there now too ? Like Ajax. It was always spoken like the powdered Floor Cleaner before we got all continental. Ach just ignore me, I`ll away round to Donsdafts shop , so us old mannies can groan on about that stuff !! )

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Yes we got beat in the cups, but you predicted we'd be knocked out earlier than we did on many occasions and we did qualify for Europe when you predicted we wouldn't
    Rip roaring sucess then. I stand corrected

Get the f@cking bunting out

Rip roaring sucess then. I stand corrected

Get the f@cking bunting out
    Just gives me confidence on your record that we'll qualify again

Maybe we will. Imagine. We might get 4 games next season

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    I`m pretty uninformed on the stadium stuff.

But one of the things / reasons we were told was that the old girl would not pass future UEFA standards, " as the stands are too close to the pitch ? "
    I don't recall that being a factor.
    It was stupid off field things like press boxes that we would fail on (see Tyecastles new main stand and how they have incorporated)

Regulations of the UEFA Europa League 2018-21 Cycle
    Article 27.01
    Unless stipulated otherwise in these regulations, matches in the competition must
    be played in a stadium which meets the structural criteria of the following
    categories as defined in the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations:
    a. category 2 for the preliminary round, first and second qualifying rounds;
    b. category 3 for the third qualifying round and play-offs;
    c. category 4 from the group stage to the semi-finals

A full list of the regulations can be found here
    https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles...5_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Maybe we will. Imagine. We might get 4 games next season
    Id rather play those games in Europe than in the League Cup Group Stages.

I would rather play a scottish "diddy" away. But opinions are like arseholes.

We could just organise glamour friendlies in Bosnia, Latvia and Burnley for pre season

[QUOTE=afc1903mad;39211066]I don't recall that being a factor.
    It was stupid off field things like press boxes that we would fail on (see Tyecastles new main stand and how they have incorporated)

Yeah we already fail on pitch surroundings as it is meant to be 4m from pitch to stands along length of pitch and 5m behind goals. We also fail on pitch size for any Europa League game from round 3 onwards as our pitch is not 105m x 68m (as does Dens and Tynecastle by the way). So we must already be getting a dispensation to play due to pitch alone never mind sh1te like press boxes

[QUOTE=Red Zone;39211080]
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I don't recall that being a factor.

Yeah we already fail on pitch surroundings as it is meant to be 4m from pitch to stands along length of pitch and 5m behind goals. We also fail on pitch size for any Europa League game from round 3 onwards as our pitch is not 105m x 68m (as does Dens and Tynecastle by the way). So we must already be getting a dispensation to play due to pitch alone never mind sh1te like press boxes
    I can accept we get dispensation for now.
    I’m not aware if there is a grace period to enforce the regulations or whatever.
    I merely pointed out the regulations as stipulated by UEFA

Page 449 of 560 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499549 ... LastLast