+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 557 of 560 FirstFirst ... 57457507547555556557558559 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,570 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardman1983 View Post
    Aye, so it doesnt fit in the space available ?? ( Without building over the Booley ?)

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Aye, so it doesnt fit in the space available ?? ( Without building over the Booley ?)
    Nah min, it fits in nae bother. The photo still has the hotel that is bust standing as well as transition extreme (which would be relocated) as well as the kids play park. There is plenty of room if the will to make it happen is there

Still never going to happen anywhere.

The way things are going on the pitch of late I don’t think a nice shiny new stadium will be required . We’ll be lucky to get average crowds of 10k next season if there isn’t a change in management soon .

https://imgur.com/MRD2WSY

ABZ city council are offering them the land - on a plate. So if they don't build it here - they won't build it anywhere. As things stand - there may be no money in the kitty - which to be honest, is fair enough - these are hard times. But that's the only excuse now - money. Everything else now fits - city location, existing transport links, proximity to core support, much needed business benefits to city-centre etc. Viewed in relation to this location - the alternative doesn't really stand up to scrutiny. This 10 mins walk from the Castlegate!

F@ck it...build the stadium at Kingsford. Aberdeen need to be taken out their comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardman1983 View Post
    https://imgur.com/MRD2WSY

ABZ city council are offering them the land - on a plate. So if they don't build it here - they won't build it anywhere. As things stand - there may be no money in the kitty - which to be honest, is fair enough - these are hard times. But that's the only excuse now - money. Everything else now fits - city location, existing transport links, proximity to core support, much needed business benefits to city-centre etc. Viewed in relation to this location - the alternative doesn't really stand up to scrutiny. This 10 mins walk from the Castlegate!
    Completely agree that we need to get a feasibility study done as soon as possible to see what it will take to get it built there. The footprint is big enough as we won't need much on site parking given public transport links but will need to check things like ground conditions. Planning permission won't be a walk in the park given all of the flats down there as no doubt there will be the beach front liberation army that will be against it (at least the W.A.N.K.S will support the new stadium ). In fact my biggest concern would be that we need to keep the height of the stands much lower than would be ideal for a proper atmospheric stadium because of the proximity to the flats.

I'm not so concerned that money will be as big an issue as you think as Cormack and his mates along with the sale of Pittodrie will provide the bulk of the money in the same way as they did for the training facility

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Completely agree that we need to get a feasibility study done as soon as possible to see what it will take to get it built there. The footprint is big enough as we won't need much on site parking given public transport links but will need to check things like ground conditions. Planning permission won't be a walk in the park given all of the flats down there as no doubt there will be the beach front liberation army that will be against it (at least the W.A.N.K.S will support the new stadium ). In fact my biggest concern would be that we need to keep the height of the stands much lower than would be ideal for a proper atmospheric stadium because of the proximity to the flats.

I'm not so concerned that money will be as big an issue as you think as Cormack and his mates along with the sale of Pittodrie will provide the bulk of the money in the same way as they did for the training facility
    Speaking of our training facilities I see the NE huns have been out redecorating it.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Speaking of our training facilities I see the NE huns have been out redecorating it.
    It was probably that pr1ck Stewart Milne.

Page 557 of 560 FirstFirst ... 57457507547555556557558559 ... LastLast