+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 422 of 560 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    They can start building a stadium yet, because:
    1. Aberdeenshire Council maintain an objection because of the unsuitability of the proposed road crossing west of six mile fork.
    2. Aberdeenshire Council maintain an objection because nobody knows who will enforce the Westhill CPZ (which is a planning condition).
    and
    3. They have no funds to pay for it.
    Exactly, it still has the potential for collapsing
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 01-03-2019 at 05:47 PM.

I am personally not against Aberdeen building a new stadium. Not enamoured where it is right enough. It’s just the lies and deceit from our chairman that has not helped convince me that it is the best thing we can do for the club....he isn’t an expert on looking after Aberdeen FC. Pity the option of building at the golf course wasn’t allowed as I reckon more people would have been for it a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I am personally not against Aberdeen building a new stadium. Not enamoured where it is right enough. It’s just the lies and deceit from our chairman that has not helped convince me that it is the best thing we can do for the club....he isn’t an expert on looking after Aberdeen FC. Pity the option of building at the golf course wasn’t allowed as I reckon more people would have been for it a lot more.
    Stewart Milne asked his buddy Douglas Craig of Craig Group to write him a letter saying he wouldn't be willing to come to an arrangement to end his lease of the land the driving range sits on.

Just like he asked his buddy and namesake Mr Jimmy Milne of Balmoral to write him a letter saying he wouldn't like to sell some of his land at Loirston.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Stewart Milne asked his buddy Douglas Craig of Craig Group to write him a letter saying he wouldn't be willing to come to an arrangement to end his lease of the land the driving range sits on.

Just like he asked his buddy and namesake Mr Jimmy Milne of Balmoral to write him a letter saying he wouldn't like to sell some of his land at Loirston.
    I genuinely believe if the new stadium was across the road in the golf course then more fans would have been up for it. Am I correct in saying Milne got the land at Kingsford for peanuts?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I genuinely believe if the new stadium was across the road in the golf course then more fans would have been up for it. Am I correct in saying Milne got the land at Kingsford for peanuts?
    I’m not sure the exact price has ever been disclosed. However what we know is that the land was purchased in the financial year ended June 2018. The accounts disclosed that a total of £890,000 was spent on the training facilities in that year “including the purchase of the land”. So the land cost somewhere between £1 and £890K so fairly small cost in the overall scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I’m not sure the exact price has ever been disclosed. However what we know is that the land was purchased in the financial year ended June 2018. The accounts disclosed that a total of £890,000 was spent on the training facilities in that year “including the purchase of the land”. So the land cost somewhere between £1 and £890K so fairly small cost in the overall scheme of things.
    I don't have sufficient information but if 890k is even close to the mark for that amount of land something stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    I don't have sufficient information but if 890k is even close to the mark for that amount of land something stinks.
    £890K is the absolute max paid, could be a lot less depending on what else was spent in the year on such things as professional fees e. g. Legal, architects etc

Was there not also work done at Countesswells?
    I recall looking at some docs in the planning website

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There’s many, many examples.

While we’re on the subject, who here believes any of the following...

1- There isn’t enough room to redevelop
    2- If we did, our European fixtures would need to be played in Dundee or the central belt
    3- The costs related to the upkeep of Pittodrie are legit

I mean this in the kindness possible way but if anyone does, you’re a swivel eyed lunatic with sh1t for brains
    The teuchter has finally had his revenge on the toonsers for the car park incident in 1999. It’s taken him 20 years, but as they say, revenge is a dish best served cold. He’s just stolen your football club - and it’s now official.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Was it a friend of Milne’s that sold him the land?

Page 422 of 560 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522 ... LastLast