+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Warnock handshake

re: Warnock handshake

The Warnock debate is not about loyalty, he had a short term contract and could have walked away on its expiry having performed a minor miracle that will live long in the memory. Nobody would have criticised him in any way. This is about trust, honesty and integrity. Having given his word to TS and shaken hands that should have been sufficient for any self-respecting individual. I'm sorry, but in my eyes Warnock has let himself down, tarnished his reputation but above all betrayed a chairman who had worked hard to secure an agreement and had done all he could to accommodate Warnock's every wish.

re: Warnock handshake

Spot on Leeds and you beat me to it.
    I was going to say this thread had been taken slightly off topic because we were originally discussing integrity, not loyalty.
    If two parties shake hands on an agreement that should seal the deal until the paperwork is signed.
    This affair sounds as though Warnock reneged on the agreement and that will unfortunately tarnish his memory in a lot of people's eyes.
    The fact that he's a Yorkshireman and still did this makes it even worse!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123