+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The French.

They had a ridiculous amount of luck in 98 and just because Platini wasnt involved in the role at the time, it doesnt mean him and Blatter werent up to their usual games. (let me say the word allegedly here as well, as this is just heresay and guesswork on my part).

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    They had a ridiculous amount of luck in 98 and just because Platini wasnt involved in the role at the time, it doesnt mean him and Blatter werent up to their usual games. (let me say the word allegedly here as well, as this is just heresay and guesswork on my part).
    Acido... See you soon on the Swindon board! Now off to see the England/Russia match....Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    You must be the intellectuel of the board
    Well i was going to post something derogatory about them but decided against it, and just stuck to facts.
    It's intellectual by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Well i was going to post something derogatory about them but decided against it, and just stuck to facts.
    It's intellectual by the way.
    Sorry it's my ipad which is set for the French language and I don't always check the spelling...intellectuel in French intellectual in English...anyway do yourself a favour..broaden your mind and go and visit the country before writing rubbish

Acido... See you soon on the Swindon board! Now off to see the England/Russia match....Cheers
    Im sure I will have some more debates with you on the Sweden, sorry the Swindon board very soon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    What has Platini been done for, or is being investigated for ?

Receiving an under the counter $2 million payment from FIFA. Platini claims, albeit vaguely, it was for 'consultancy work' but investigaters allege it was an illegal pay off to get him to drop his challenge against Blatter for the FIFA presidency.

France's biggest corruption story was Bernard Tapei's Marseilles in the early 90s, they were found guilty of paying opponents to throw matches. France didn't need to do any of that in 98 and 2000, they were the best team in the world at the time with the worlds best player Zidane backed up with the likes of Desailly, Deschamps, Djorkaef, Makalele, Henry, Trezeguet, Viera, Lizarazu. Now that's a golden generation.

Welcome to the England board Kat

Sorry it's my ipad which is set for the French language and I don't always check the spelling...intellectuel in French intellectual in English...anyway do yourself a favour..broaden your mind and go and visit the country before writing rubbish
    Been there more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Dirty garlick breathed surrender monkeys who **** in a hole in the ground.
    Sounds about right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12