+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trouble in France

Trouble in France

It's like watching the 80s all over again. Nothing different at all.

I've seen this developing back into the game the last few years hence why i don't go so often partly.

There are groups we all know even at our own club that are pandered to because it's seen as good pr that behave in a way abhorrent to most of us. When challenged there's always an excuse but this behaviour causes this trouble. Away games are just embarrassing now.

We can have a go at the minority but it's time to stop turning a blind eye.

Kick both Russia and England out of the euros!! May seem drastic but needs must!!

We will be out next week anyway I reckon....not that I watch that crap anymore
    Last edited by Oldtimeram; 12-06-2016 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Kick both Russia and England out of the euros!! May seem drastic but needs must!!
    Why? what did the England supporters do. It was the Russians everyone could see that even the Russian media have said it. If someone where to punch or kick you, or put your partner or kids in danger would you just stand there and take it? Of course you wouldn't it's natural to fight back and if you are the kind of person to run, where can you run to? This kind of situation puts you in position where you can't just turn the other cheek!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    We will be out next week anyway I reckon....not that I watch that cap anymore
    Crap??? With that remark I can tell you didn't watch the match! Why so bitter about England. if you don't want to watch them that's ok but to give an opinion without watching the game is rather daft!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Why? what did the England supporters do. It was the Russians everyone could see that even the Russian media have said it. If someone where to punch or kick you, or put your partner or kids in danger would you just stand there and take it? Of course you wouldn't it's natural to fight back and if you are the kind of person to run, where can you run to? This kind of situation puts you in position where you can't just turn the other cheek!
    It's a difficult one MOP.. England will always be targets when travelling as we are still seen as the scalpe to take... Sometimes it is difficult to not get caught up if it's going off all around you. Yes the Russian may have instigated this but our lot won't have been shy..

England in Marseille, would never have guessed that something would have happened.

As for sending both teams home... I despair sometimes...

Crap??? With that remark I can tell you didn't watch the match! Why so bitter about England. if you don't want to watch them that's ok but to give an opinion without watching the game is rather daft!
    To be fair, I have had no interest in England for sometime now.. Capello, Sven, cliques, wasted opportunities just about did for me.
    Woy does not inspire me as well but credit to this young group of players, I thought they played really well last night but were unlucky in front of goal.
    I really like the Spurs backbone of this team..
    We need to let this group grow into the tournament... Just hope Woy does not become too conservative.

From what I've seen you have a point MoP but it can't be denied that there is a contingent of England fans - thug variety - who are hell bent on trouble. Looking at the 'stills' this morning there are many images of England fans launching bottles - indiscriminate and indefensible imo - and the usual suspects, including one particular fat oaf in a brown check shirt, who appear to be enjoying every minute - until confronted by one of the riot police.
    When Rats indulges in his usual rants against Liverpool fans he always mocks by saying something like...'why always us, never our fault', but hasn't it sadly become exactly the same with England?
    Feel genuinely sorry for the real England football fans. The Euros should be a festival of football with healthy banter and rivalry but all I know is that, sitting in a quiet and welcoming restaurant overlooking the Med last night I was just embarrassed by the behaviour of some England fans and then I think of the Brexit boys - not those with a vaguely intelligent financial argument - telling us that migrants aren't fit to come to our green and pleasant land... Oh Really?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 12-06-2016 at 02:24 PM.

MOP. I have supported England for a long time, but for God knows how many years now they have never failed to disappoint me. The turning point for me was when we got hammered by the Germans in South Africa. OK they may have played well last night but nearly every time I watch them they are crap. Yes you are right, I did not watch the game, I went to a concert in Chester which was more to my liking on a wet Saturday night.

I am just basing my comments on my views of England over the past many years. One swallow does not make a summer!

I hope they win the tournament and I am proved wrong, but I fear not.
    Last edited by Oldtimeram; 12-06-2016 at 12:49 PM.

On England - I have little interest on two counts. Firstly, those who generally support England, particularly away, are not exactly the gems of our nation that I want to around. Secondly, we have underperformed for so long now that it is hard to enter any tournament with anything other than limp enthusiasm.

As for the thugs, I fear that we will always be a target. It also goes to what I said earlier though, anyone who has been to an England game abroad will find it hard to suggest we are innocent and well travelled. It's the worst strata of our land and I'd go as far to say that anyone who feels the need to go watch England should, at the very least, consider that before booking tickets.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)