+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trouble in France

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    We will be out next week anyway I reckon....not that I watch that crap anymore
    Actually we won't. If we vote to come out then we will still be in for the next two years. That period is needed to work out and inform the EU what exactly our exit plan is.

Sorry, but I've been on these jaunts both at home and abroad and there remains a large number of 'cells' who see such as the euros as easy fodder. The FA just push it to the back burner which suits them? Only drastic action will get them to put some real money into the problem!! Just my opinion which no doubt others will disagree with!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Why? what did the England supporters do. It was the Russians everyone could see that even the Russian media have said it. If someone where to punch or kick you, or put your partner or kids in danger would you just stand there and take it? Of course you wouldn't it's natural to fight back and if you are the kind of person to run, where can you run to? This kind of situation puts you in position where you can't just turn the other cheek!
    Are you a scoucer??? I know a few boys out there and it's been 6 of 1 half a dozen of another in most cases.

In the ground the Russian fans are to blame but outside and around the port I beleive it's a completely different story. Lots of drunk abusive England fans thinking they can behave how they want. They may not be in the main looking for it but behaviour is a massive factor. Or are you saying they are all out there sober and having quiet meals in couples!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BaaLocks View Post
    On England - I have little interest on two counts. Firstly, those who generally support England, particularly away, are not exactly the gems of our nation that I want to around. Secondly, we have underperformed for so long now that it is hard to enter any tournament with anything other than limp enthusiasm.

As for the thugs, I fear that we will always be a target. It also goes to what I said earlier though, anyone who has been to an England game abroad will find it hard to suggest we are innocent and well travelled. It's the worst strata of our land and I'd go as far to say that anyone who feels the need to go watch England should, at the very least, consider that before booking tickets.
    I agree. I wouldn't bet against England fans not being the ones to 'start' the trouble but there are a great number who don't take much persuading to get involved.

I completely agree with your view on fans, as well as comments from above. You can't paint every England fan with the same brush but all too often I am embarrassed and shocked by the neanderthal behavior of English football fans on the road - and I include travelling club fans in that too. Like Rats, I don't go to away games any more, I'm sickened by the ignorance and attitude of sections of away support. You get it at home games but it becomes more concentrated amongst travelling fans, less diluted. The same applies to England.

There are sections of our society who are an embarrassment to me and this country and it's why I have no national pride left these days, I find little in this country to be proud of.

They should kick us out of the tournament, serves us right for breeding these assholes in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Akwesasne View Post
    Actually we won't. If we vote to come out then we will still be in for th e next two years. That period is needed to work out and inform the EU what exactly our exit plan is.
    I think he was referring to the tournament!

Some so-called England supporters have been drinking all day in France and causing trouble since Thursday...

...I despair!
    Last edited by Stuartsays; 12-06-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuartsays View Post
    Some so-called England supporters have been drinking all day in France and causing trouble since Thursday...

...I despair!
    Thanks for that...very informative..

Most teams fans will have been doing exactly the same.. Trouble with the NI fans being attacked, trouble between Croatia and Turkey..
    The Germans won't be shy either.. Most of the Eastern European teams will be looking for trouble.
    UEFA expanded the comp and bunged loads more into a country that has no idea how to cope. Where is the next WC.... Bleedin Russia, well done Sepp..

Why are some people so shocked? It never went away..
    French police are useless and won't know how to handle situations..
    Last edited by AngryRam; 12-06-2016 at 08:00 PM.

Generally in agreement with Angry. Never really gone away. whereas England have banning orders that stop convicted nutters from travelling, is the same true in the likes of Russia? I see their Sports Minister on the pitch applauding their fans - racist. nut jobs, and seems like these are in great numbers. The Russian response is limp IMO. To think FIFA have sent the World Cup there, then hope they ake on some liability when it explodes into a tournament of violence! I have mates who went to Moscow for an England qualifier. They travel a lot and are not headcases. They take in the sights, and have a few beers without getting carried away. Gangway D is one and he posts on here. Tells stories of what he faced on that trip. Organised gangs on the streets, untouchable by coppers, attacking fans in the streets picking them off, fans hotels equally targeted. Its a disaster waiting to happen in 2 years

MoP is right, if attacked, you will defend yourself if you cant get away. But yes, there are enough England fans that will take the fight to the streets if opportunity arises. Best way to make these tournaments "civil" is to have alcohol bans in the cities throughout. Then you will only get fans of football travelling as the nutters will simply stay at home. Just a thought

Have to say UEFA had 4 years to organise security in stadiums. Last night was embarrassing. 2 ft of netting and a handful of stewards between organised Russian Ultras, and a game bunch of Brits!

Final rant, speaking to some lads out there I know, seems that the French nutter were as lively attacking England fans as were the Russians. How come UEFA arent threatening to expel France from the tournament too. Turning a blind eye where it suits, thats why. they ought to look at the footage thats in the public domain and have some consistency to their threats!!!

On football matters, I found England performance highly entertaining last night. Would like Woy to play Vardy as he offers something very different with his pace, but apart from the managers selections, this team seems to have a good bond and may surprise a few

UEFA say they can only act on events inside the ground, not responsible for what happens elsewhere!!
    Last edited by macstheman; 12-06-2016 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Spell checker rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    UEFA say they can only act on events inside the ground, not responsible for what happens elsewhere!!
    Well perhaps they should ban themselves.. It beggars belief that fans can get flares and fireworks into the grounds.. Especially as France is in a state of high security.. Have they forgotten what an opportunity this is for any organisation that wants to make a statement.. France of all countries ffs. Like I said an incompetent nation on so many levels.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)