+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: who are ya - mark 2

User name / Sherwoodmag

Real name /Mick

Occupation/ retired Engineer

Supports/NUFC

Hobbies/learning to play electric guitar/ Scuba diving wrecks.

Favourite player/ Milburn,like myself he served his time as an underground mechanical fitter.

Birthplace / Wallsend

Now lives/ Forest Town Nottinghamshire.

Username : cannylad
    Where from : South Shields
    Where now : Niagara, Ont., Canada
    Married : yes ( also from South Shields )
    Kids : 2 ( grandkids : 6 )
    Supports : Newcastle Utd.
    Dislikes : SAFC, onions, SAFC
    Favourite players : Shearer, Beardsly, Solano, Sir Les
    Favourite phrase : Where ever you go your sure to find a Geordie.

Username: Zippity
    Nicknames: None that people call me to my face...
    Occupation: Primary school teacher. Once had to talk to a parent about her 7 yr old daughter's bad language. Without pausing she replied 'well she doesn't f.ucking get it from me'... Quite ironic given my potty mouth, really.
    Where from: Fenham
    Married/Partner: Lass
    Kids: Not yet...tick, tock
    Supports: Newcastle
    Likes: Myleene, obviously, guitar, Taekwondo, curry, proper beer, our City, silliness, the Hoppings, curry, teaching, swearing, the Lake District,
    Dislikes: Spiders, Flying, sh!t beer, vegetables (every time there's a kid in the Hall looking glumly at the sh!te on their plate, I go up and whisper 'don't eat it, they can't make you'...

Best football moment so far: the 4 - 1 at the stade de sh!te, 5-0 against manure, Kelly's goal against Portsmouth
    Favourite player(s) - past:Shearer, Kelly, Beardsley, Micky Burns, Shay Given
    Favourite player(s) - present: erm.....Townsend, Krul

Favourite phrase or saying: 'Here's your curry, Sir'

Aye, onions. Forgot onions. Should've mentioned them specifically.

Bastads.

as in ?? like/dislike/not in ya curry haah
    Last edited by toonlegend; 17-06-2016 at 10:26 PM.

Username: Ex_Pat_Magpie
    Nicknames: When I was a youngster, Billy the Kid. The western film of William H. Bonney was showing in those days and his birthday was a day after mine (76 years before I may add)
    Where from: Born 200yds from the Quayside, now in Oxted Surrey.
    Married/Partner: Divorced
    Kids: Son, daughter, son in that order and four grandchildren.
    Supports: Toon and England.
    Likes: Most sports and athletics but particularly football and horse racing.
    Dislikes: Hypocrites and quitters.

Best football moment so far: Was painting a high ceiling on rickety steps listening to the Fairs Cup Final and when the winning goal went in threw my arms in the air and shouted out. Finished up on the floor with a sprained ankle and emulsion paint all over shoulders and chest.

Favourite player(s) - past: Hughie Gallacher, Jackie Milburn, Bobby Mitchell, Jimmy Scoular and too many more to mention but more recently KK, Pedro and Big Al.

Favourite player(s) - present: Potentially Mitro and Townsend but waiting to see who is going to put their backs into the fight.

Favourite phrase or saying: Rather be a disappointed optimist who's tried than a happy pessimist who's wise after the event.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 17-06-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Username:ronandtet
    Nicknames:
    Where from: living in north east lincs
    Married/Partner: 46 years
    Kids: 3 - 6 grandkids
    Supports: ?
    Likes: proper beers vw t2,s music 50s,s to 90,s with some later ones , terry pratchett (r.i.p) james last(r.i.p) Rafi,s Spicebox ( check fenwicks lol) too much too list
    Dislikes: chemical beers ,bad drivers ,bad cyclists who think their bradley wiggins in their lycra and go faster headgear - so called positive discrimination

Best football moment so far: every game nufc win
    Favourite player(s) - past:wynn davis , john tudor, terry hibbitt , Ketsbaia, KK, mr shearer
    Favourite player(s) - present: TBA

Favourite phrase or saying: Drink - the cause of and answer to many of life ,s problems
    Last edited by ronandtet; 17-06-2016 at 10:07 PM.

template to copy and paste for your own use

Username: Kingstonbob
    Nicknames: KB, Botra
    Where from: Newcastle
    Married/Partner: Married
    Kids: Two, boy and girl
    Supports: Newcastle (also have a soft spot for Huddersfield and Rennes-family reasons)
    Likes: spending time with my kids, away games with pals, helping people
    Dislikes: People who act like arseholes, especially those in the name of NUFC, Sland fans who hate us more than love their own club, ISIS ****s, Putin and others who show a complete lack of humanity towards others.

Best football moment so far: Quite a few - Kelly v Portsmouth 1992, Liam O's free kick at Joker Park 1992, Barcelona 3-2 in 1997, Inter Milan away 2004 and Juve at home 2004.
    Favourite player(s) - past: Waddle, Beardsley, Ginola, Budgie just for his passion for the game ie sleeping in his goal keeper gloves
    Favourite player(s) - present: Townsend, Anita, Lascelles and Mbemba (because it looks like they actually care). Sissoko, Janmatt, Cisse, Wijnaldum can **** off

Favourite phrase or saying: A bird on your arm is worth one in the bush.....ehhh sorry, a bird in your hand is worth two in the bush.

Username: Lewki
    Where from: Durham. Currently at Lancaster Uni but moving to Newcastle soon
    Supports: Newcastle United
    Likes: Football, whiskey, poker, reading, language & linguistics, Theatre Royal & Live Theatre, binging TV, PC gaming, cooking, RX8s
    Dislikes: Religious extremism; weakminded, radical idiots who internally justify their reasons for killing people

Best football moment so far: Bringing in Rafa because it shows a massive shake-up, despite happening fairly late. On the pitch, it was Tiote's pearler against Arsenal. I had never gone more mental than I did then.

Favourite player(s) - past: Pavel Srníček. I was in net for the school team and always loved Pav; Alan Shearer too. I guess Ben Arfa counts as a past player and he was definitely a favourite.

Favourite player(s) - present: Tim Krul and Mitro. I think Mitro can be a dominating player, so I hope he sorts out his issues. I like Townsend as well but there's a lot of uncertainty surrounding our players, so it's hard to get attached.

Username: Milburn9
    Nicknames: Every swear word known to man.
    Where from: Born QE/Gateshead, been in South Africa for last 30 years
    Married: Yes
    Kids: 4
    Supports: NUFC
    Dislikes: Red n White Stripes and cruelty to animals.

Best football moment so far: When my old man took my hand and walked me through the turnstiles at the old SJP when I was 7yrs old. To this day I can't walk past a stinking piss trough without getting excited
    Favourite player(s) - past: Alan Shouler/Peter Withe. Pedro, Pedro, Pedro and Gazza
    Favourite player(s) - present: eeeeeeerrmm...... Hope Toonsend is staying. Other than that Mbemba.

Favourite phrase or saying: Rafa Benitez.. Rafa Benitez.. Rafa Benitez.

Username: Curian
    Nicknames:kazza
    Where from: originally North Shields
    Married/Partner: Wife Kerrie - dual nationality UK/OZ
    Kids: none
    Supports: NUFC and England
    Likes: footie, helping others, animal welfare, gaming, travelling, gym activities and many more too many too mention
    Dislikes: bigots and all selfish thinking people and heaps of other stuff

Best Football moment to date: 1966 World Cup win
    Favourite player(s) - past: Wor Jacky, Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore and of course Alan S.
    Favourite player(s) - present: umm needs some thinking about given their greed and precociousness

Favourite phrase or saying: "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much." (1995) The great Eric

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)