+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: who are ya - mark 2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Username: Ex_Pat_Magpie
    Nicknames: When I was a youngster, Billy the Kid. The western film of William H. Bonney was showing in those days and his birthday was a day after mine (76 years before I may add)
    Where from: Born 200yds from the Quayside, now in Oxted Surrey.
    Married/Partner: Divorced
    Kids: Son, daughter, son in that order and four grandchildren.
    Supports: Toon and England.
    Likes: Most sports and athletics but particularly football and horse racing.
    Dislikes: Hypocrites and quitters.

Best football moment so far: Was painting a high ceiling on rickety steps listening to the Fairs Cup Final and when the winning goal went in threw my arms in the air and shouted out. Finished up on the floor with a sprained ankle and emulsion paint all over shoulders and chest.

Favourite player(s) - past: Hughie Gallacher, Jackie Milburn, Bobby Mitchell, Jimmy Scoular and too many more to mention but more recently KK, Pedro and Big Al.

Favourite player(s) - present: Potentially Mitro and Townsend but waiting to see who is going to put their backs into the fight.

Favourite phrase or saying: Rather be a disappointed optimist who's tried than a happy pessimist who's wise after the event.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 17-06-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)