+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tesla driver dead

Tesla driver dead

The inevitable has happened, someone has died in a collision involving self drive technology...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36680043

Anyone who trust that cars must have a lot of faith in technology..

Not for me ..sad news though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buc View Post
    Anyone who trust that cars must have a lot of faith in technology..

Not for me ..sad news though.
    It's early days. In a few years, once all the bugs have been found and fixed, it will be fine.

Seems to be the next big thing in car/vehicle tech - potential billions i guess.

It was inevitable - but early days and all that.

I would love to have one of those in 10-15 years.

K.I.T.T was my hero

Modern aeroplanes have some of the most up to date technology in the world and they still crash.

Driverless cars are the future, there will be a point when they are safer than the cars we have now. I think it will take many years to get there though and even more for people to adapt and accept them.

Which begs the question, if all cars are automated then how did Arnie know how to drive the car in Terminator 2? Another gaping whole in a fantastic plot.

Quote Originally Posted by AberdeenArnold View Post
    Modern aeroplanes have some of the most up to date technology in the world and they still crash.

Driverless cars are the future, there will be a point when they are safer than the cars we have now. I think it will take many years to get there though and even more for people to adapt and accept them.

Which begs the question, if all cars are automated then how did Arnie know how to drive the car in Terminator 2? Another gaping whole in a fantastic plot.
    Aye, when the human race invents electro-mechanical systems that cannot fail. Then driverless cars will be safe and insurable.

Most car accidents are caused by driver error.

I don't expect any machine or computer to be 100 percent effective but neither are humans. It's not about making a driverless car that it 100 percent safe, that is an unachievable goal. It's about developing a car that is safer than a human. I think that this can be done but the timescale is anyones guess. The big car companies will plough money into this because whoever gets it right 1st will be mega rich.

If you told people before 1903 that they could fly, they wouldn't believe you. Nowadays you can fly Ryanair to Europe for £9.99 although admittedly Bojo may have f@cked this for all of us.

Cars for lazy f@cks

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    It's early days. In a few years, once all the bugs have been found and fixed, it will be fine.
    Every time they do an update though it will inevitably f'uck things up for a short while. You'll be sitting in the seat frantically pressing Accelerator ,Clutch and Brake all at the same time to reboot.

he's apparently been watching a film

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast