+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Out of darkness Cometh......LI ?

Fosun started in 1992 through five graduates from Fudan University including its current chairman Guo Guangchang, 49, who is China's 17th richest man.

"There's only one Guo Guangchang" has a catchy ring to it

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    I've not really given my own full opinion on the takeover since I first saw it reported in The Telegraph over a week ago.

I don't take much stock from what the 'Red Tops' report but when' braodsheets' such as 'The Telegraph' and 'The Times' continue to stand by their stories I take more notice. For this reason I do believe a takeover, with quite some financial clout, is going to happen. I also think, after reading some reports over the last 24 hours that it will be FOSUN who take control. Other pointers that lead me to believe that Wolves are well into serious discussions with an outcome near is their lack of claims rubbishing it. If the Telegraph report of a few weeks ago was 'pie in the sky' Wolves would have surely rubbished that claim at the first opportunity. Other factors include the sales embargo it seems Wolves have implemented over the past week.

Should this takeover happen in the coming days my emotions will be mixed. I have to accept that modern day football is very much business orientated and unless we receive some serious financial backing we will be a club drifting in the wilderness for years to come, but part of me will be sad that we have had to go down this route because part of the game I grew up loving has been high-jacked by the mega rich for financial gain only and have little or no knowledge, and certainly no understanding, of what the game means to the fans....or certainly the fans of a certain vintage.

Wolves fans of a certain age, late 40's and older, have been lucky enough to see Wolves during various successful periods between the 1950's and our last real success of note the League Cup win of 1980 achieve this when football was still played on a relatively level playing field, today of course it isn't. On the other hand I realise the only chance any of us, and specially the younger Wolves fans will again be in a position to see Wolves challenge for any of the major honours will come with the backing of the money men I really despise. However, that said, I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a tinge of excitement at the prospect of Wolves once again becoming a 'player' in English football and when it becomes an actual fact that pen has been put to paper on the deal I'll be looking forward to the coming season with a damn sight more passion than I did last season.
    Plater, That could have been me writing that article. Agree totally, that is just how I feel.

According to the E & S the deal has been done.

The Spanish manager Julen Lopetegui, that was rumored to be taking the Wolves job, has just been appointed the Spanish national team manager. Kenny is expected to get the ax in the next few days.

Hope we get the replacement ASAP

The Fat greedy pie eater has gone as well.http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/...-say-law-firm/

Done deal!

http://tinyurl.com/jbzqcbz

Sorry, just got back from Dorset. Good to know it is sorted now. I wonder where we will go from here, in terms of manager, new players etc.?
    Last edited by Woking88; 21-07-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Promise to invest 20-30 million over the next two seasons.

Not the funny money we expected when Robin Li was linked to the deal, but I think just having new owners will be a big deal.

We do need to get some new players in ASAP though. No depth in our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    Wokes, I have been reading some utter nonsense from some of our fans on SoMe sites over the past few weeks and I'd be amazed if most of them could tie their own shoe laces! Mol Mix, The Wolves Forum and Wolves Alliance on FaceBook have far too many of these idiots posting on them. From stupid one line comments to inane rants and even some downright vile comments. Many of them are illiterate and I have to the question the standard of our education system!
    I certainly agree with you there, Plater. I have drastically reduced my visits to various Wolves sites as I can get more fun out of banging my head against a brick wall than reading the acres of illiterate rubbish posted on them!

I'm glad the takeover has finally been completed. I hope this is the start of a new and exciting era for Wolves. I want to see the club taken forward, but i'm also not expecting too much, too soon.

I'll wait til the Press Conference before I set my own opinions down in full but at the moment, with that statement still 4 days away. I have to admit though that until then there is that small pang of uncertainty banging on my nervous system. it's not quite knowing what is going to happen, especially as the season is just two weeks away and we need a playing sqaud. On that basis Gav, at this particular moment I'm leaning towards the bit of my brain that is saying "sod not expecting too much just go out and spend some of these millions on a pack of decent players pretty damned quick"!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)